Emergency! Please Help!!!

nietzsche

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat had a fight with a stray cat today, he's 1 year old.. I went to help him and found him laying down, for a moment I thought he was dead. He had a few wounds but nothing really big, but he can't move! he can barely move his fore legs and his head a little, tries to walk but he can't. He had some blood in his mouth, although it might have been the stray cat's blood.

We gave him Metamizole sodium.. (Dipyrone, Analgin or Novalgin) and he ate a little, he was hungry.

I live in a remote area of Mexico, it's very difficult to take him to a vet. I don't know what to do. I'm desperate I might poison him I don't wanna see him suffering like that.

Please gimme advice as what to do.

ferocity302

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He might have some internal injuries or spinal cord injuries. If he's willing to drink and eat, I'd let him. Find a comfortable place for him to rest. Although Dipyrone is used to help inflamation in cats, I'm not sure about the dosage to use. If you can call a veterinarian as soon as possible to get some help, that would be best.

Keep us posted on how he's doing.

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my, I am so sorry this happened to you. I wish I had some advise for you. The best thing I can say is let your kitty rest, keep him comfortable, and help him eat. Make sure he has plenty of water. Don't let him move to much incase there is internal damage.

You can send a PM(private message) to CoolCat. He lives in Mexico and may be able to help you. He is not on line at this moment but should be on soon. To PM him go tho the serch function at the top of the page and type in Coolcat. It will give you a link to his profile, click on send private message, ask him for advice. He may be able to help you.

Hopefully some one will come along and give you more advice.

I will be praying for you and your kitty

I am also sending you hugs from me and Karma

Let us know what happens.

camille eonich

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cat scratches and bites are highly infectious. You need to get the cat to a vet and get the wounds cleaned and flushed and get some antibiotics started.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was really hoping that today when I came back to this thread that it would have said you had taken your cat to a vet. Your cat really does need a vet and now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nietzsche

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all for your advice and prayers.

A vet came here today, he said "Pancitas" is gonna be ok. He told my sister (they are my sister's cats, I care for them as much as her though) that when cats fight it sometimes happen that the muscles contract because of the anger and excitement.

It'll take a couple of weeks for Pancitas to fully recover, he'll be getting a shot daily. I couldn't be here when the vet came but he was so confident on Pancitas recovery that he also neutered him as well as his 4 siblings.

Thank you all for your concern and advice. I'll keep you posted on Pancitas recovery.

PS. He's very hungry which I know is a good sign

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so glad the vet came to see you. Did you call for him or was it just good timeing?

Hopefully being neutered will help with not getting into any more fights. Are you or you sister going to make them inside kitties only? If it is possable to do it wher you live I would strongly sugest it. Especialy since it is so hard for you to get to a vet.

I will keep him in my thoughts untill he is better.

Please stick around and join the community. We are very nice and would love to get to know you and your kitties.