Emergency! My Cat Is Having Kittens...

Bailey1174

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The night before last my cat seven went into labor, she only gave birth to one kitten though... We are scared she might still have some kittens inside of her but we are not for sure. I am currently pregnant and have no money right now to get her to the vet or get her a c-section if needed. I live in the Bristol VA and TN area and can not find any vets that will see her with payment plans or anything. I really need help as soon as possible i do not wanna give up my little fur babies but she definitely needs to be checked out. She is acting normal and her little baby Op is fine as well plz contact me with any information you may ave on the situation.

desert82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not an expert but I have heard that there can.be a delay in births. As long as she's not in active labour she should be ok. Pushing for more than an hour and a half or so can.be bad but if she is fine and acting normal sometimes there can be hours sometimes even day apart. Someone with more experience should be along shortly but I would say as long as she's tending to the kitten, not panting or trying to push with no result then the others will come when her body is ready

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bailey1174

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks... The situation we are in right now we are going to have to give her away to make sure she is okay because she could die if the kittens are left inside her for two long.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a kid our cat only had two kittens. It was such a small litter that we ended up keeping them both. I think when it's their first pregnancy, sometimes they only have one or two kittens. She was so young, less than a year old. How old is your cat?

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Any more kittens? She may only have one! If she isn't in distress I wouldn't worry too much!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bailey1174

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Shes still fine the vet refused to see her yesterday even with payments.