Emergency Cat Fosters Needed In Houston Tx

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a cat sanctuary here that is having all their cats taken away from them by the HSPCA. The HSPCA kills most of the animals it seizes. They will be removing over 200-250 cats. I just saw the post on this facebook page. If you can foster any cats, respond to the person on Facebook.

Houston Save-a-Pet and Pet Support

facebook.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They took the post down. I looked at the ladies Facebook page and it said HSPCA has full custody of 230 cats. The sick thing is, the SPCA gets press coverage saying the rescue all these animals, but they neglect to say they kill them all. So much for being rescued. I had talked to the man at the sanctuary about taking my colony cats. The man seemed very nice. I think they just got overwhelmed with too many animals for two people to care for. And instead of helping them, the SPCA murders the cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Damn that's a mighty shame..I tried to find the post on Facebook to send to my friends in Texas, one lives near Houston. If I were closer I could take in a couple fosters but alas...this makes me so angry! and cry!!
If any of your friends could foster cats from the SPCA that would help some of them. I know they had mom cats with kittens at that Sanctuary. Cats get killed here all the time. It's just so many at once like this, that the people were trying to help. It's just so sad and unfair. Those poor kitties didn't do anything wrong. Thanks for caring.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I put up a post on my Wall asking those near Houston to see if they can find more info and possibly foster...I feel like despite all the people who care for ferals/abandoned cats that in the last 5 years it's been an explosion of more animals. It seems despite all the efforts to spueter that still we have more animals than people to help. I really don't understand this society in todays world. More selfish people, more people who won't do the right thing and expect others to clean up their messes. This really makes me angry! I was brought up to not be a burden to other people. Don't understand why no one else got the message?? I don't mean people on this site=I mean the public in general....I am truly sorry for all who's hearts have been stomps to bits in the past years with these heartless beasts....