Emergency! Cat fell and is taking heavy breaths! Its night and im worried-

Poppyseed

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I was asleep abd my cat was asleep on top of my gecko viv next to me. I heard her be noisy and then she fell, it was dark so idk how or why she fell and I could see how she landed but she started panting and is now just sat on the floor. She's stopped panting now but every few minutes I hear her take a heavier breath. She is loafing now on the floor but I'm still worried since she's quite frail, she's 15 but has the body of an older cat. Are there any checks I need to do? Should I take her to the vet tomorrow? I'm pretty worried and idk if I'm going to be able to sleep now-

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Poppyseed

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I was asleep abd my cat was asleep on top of my gecko viv next to me. I heard her be noisy and then she fell, it was dark so idk how or why she fell and I could see how she landed but she started panting and is now just sat on the floor. She's stopped panting now but every few minutes I hear her take a heavier breath. She is loafing now on the floor but I'm still worried since she's quite frail, she's 15 but has the body of an older cat. Are there any checks I need to do? Should I take her to the vet tomorrow? I'm pretty worried and idk if I'm going to be able to sleep now-
Her breaths pretty wheezy right now

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd call the vet now. The after hour voicemail message will tell you who to call for emergencies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Poppyseed

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'd call the vet now. The after hour voicemail message will tell you who to call for emergencies.
I would but my mum doesn't seem to think we have to. Traditionally though she always underplays everything so im very torn on what to do since she's the one with their number.

downton ali

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So what did you do? Better to call the vet and let him know.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I may not be following your story completely, but cats are masters at falling and not hurting themselves. If something was different about this fall and she injured herself, such as fracturing a rib, you need a vet.