EMBARRASSING incident at WORK today,..

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*sigh* I have never been so mortified as I was this afternoon....

Today we were filming at a location with various actors and I was running all over trying to do multiple things at the same time. One actor (well known- let's call him Keith) came up to me, asked if he could get some of his clothes from my car. I was so busy so I just handed him my keys so he could do it himself.

At the end of the day, as I was packing up, I reached into my purse to get my keys.. There were no keys.. I started looking all over in my purse but couldn't find the keys. I looked up and said to Keith, "I don't have the keys. Please tell me you still have the keys?" He was like, "Huh? No, I gave them back to you."

I HONESTLY didn't RECALL that at all and I kept saying, "Are you sure? I don't remember that at all." We started looking all over the floor, tables, etc. The filming crew (about 10 people) got involved in the search also but we couldn't find my keys at all. I was getting real desperate since the location we were at is almost an hour away from my home and the hotel where I was supposed to take Keith to for the night.

Keith even went through MY laptop bag to see if I had stashed it there without realizing it, went through his coat, his bag, etc. He kept saying he was 90% positive he returned the keys to me...

After about 30 minutes, my boss was just getting ready to call a locksmith to come and make a key for my car when I decided to look MYSELF in my laptop bag - in the back pocket.

BINGO- there were my keys! I sheepishly pulled it out and called out to my boss that I found it. Some of the crew came up and asked where the keys were found. My boss shook his head and said, "it was in her bag the whole time."

I was sooooo mortified!!

I think I was just so stressed and frazzled and right in middle of doing things while Keith was returning the keys to me that getting keys back didn't register with me.

I mean, my boss had told me this morning that I had to find some actors for next Mon, Tues and Wed NOW so I was scrambling to email people and at the same time, one crew member needed my help with getting things ready for the next scene AND the producer wanted me to stand next to him near the camera and feed lines to Keith since Keith kept forgetting some of his lines. All of that were happening at approximately the same time.

Now, I won't hear the end of this from the crew or my boss. Seriously, they LOVE to tease me. I won't be surprised if tomorrow, they tease me all day about misplacing my keys. *sigh*

That's what they did the other day when I showed up 15 minutes late.. They kept calling me by a nickname I have (I have MANY nicknames) which I HATE and they KNOW I HATE it and when I objected, they said, "Well, that's what you get for showing up late."

Any of you have had embarrassing experiences like this?? HOPE SO!
If so, I want to hear them...

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh boy, if this is embarrassing... No way I am posting my embarrassing work moments here...

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My life is one big embarrassing moment...so, yeah. LOL

Sorry that happened to you! Hopefully you don't get too much harassment from your coworkers!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could be worse, I woke up late for work one night and threw some shoes on and there was two pairs beside each other and well I threw a shoe on from each pair. I have actually done that twice now. And I wouldn't have noticed but one was more worn than the other and I was walking funny so my boss let me put on some nonskid socks and take my shoes off after the other shift left.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many years ago when we owned the shoe store, my mom and dad were off one day, so I was taking care of the business that dad usually did in his office during my lunch hour. Sitting with my back to the door, I heard my husband quietly come back in from lunch and stand in the door until I finished my work. I *almost* spoke to him and asked him "sweetheart, what can I do for you?"....thank God I didn't, because when I spun my chair around, it was the sexy UPS guy that all of us girls thought was the cats meow,,,,,,, not so embarassing, but oh the potential for it was there!

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK I'm just gonna put this out there--it was an incident I thought I was going to need therapy over!!
I work in a very fast paced restaurant as a server. One day, we were extremely busy, and I HAD to go to the bathroom!! I couldn't put it off any longer!! I rushed in and did what I needed to do--nothing major--just had to "pee". Washed my hands thoroughly, went out and got back to attending to my tables. Several minutes had passed when my boss came up behind me, leaned over my shoulder and said, "Cheryl, you have a tail. Go to the bathroom and take care of it!"
Yes, I had a TP- tail stuck in my pants!! I had been waiting on tables, talking to people, running food and pulling plates WITH a string of toilet paper coming out of my pants!!
Well, I was so traumatized I wanted to go home, but stayed and "stuck it out" the rest of the day!!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bellaandme

OK I'm just gonna put this out there--it was an incident I thought I was going to need therapy over!!
I work in a very fast paced restaurant as a server. One day, we were extremely busy, and I HAD to go to the bathroom!! I couldn't put it off any longer!! I rushed in and did what I needed to do--nothing major--just had to "pee". Washed my hands thoroughly, went out and got back to attending to my tables. Several minutes had passed when my boss came up behind me, leaned over my shoulder and said, "Cheryl, you have a tail. Go to the bathroom and take care of it!"
Yes, I had a TP- tail stuck in my pants!! I had been waiting on tables, talking to people, running food and pulling plates WITH a string of toilet paper coming out of my pants!!
Well, I was so traumatized I wanted to go home, but stayed and "stuck it out" the rest of the day!!
Sorry, but this one had me laughing
. Hopefully you laugh about it now too!

BTW, I'm not telling about all my embarrasing things that have happened at work over the years. Mums the word.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
There was an episode of Modern Family where Jay was getting on his wife's case about misplacing her keys. She was frantically looking for them and Jay ended up having them in his pocket. He then tried to sneak them in her purse.

Maybe someone found your keys and snuck them into the bag, not wanting everyone to know he had them all of the time?

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
BellaandMe- consider it a form of therapy to put the story out there! And if you can't laugh, you'll cry. And boy did I laugh!

Pamela, we have a "look 3 times" rule. So many times have we each looked for something only to find it the same drawer/coat/etc that we just looked in...

I once lost my sunglasses, looked through my car and pockets for them, then traced my steps mentally trying to think where I put them. Twenty minutes later and I realize that I'm still wearing them. Yeah, time to go home and take a wee nap.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That makes me think of a friend of mine who was talking to her hubby one day over the summer, both on their cell phone. She could hear him making rustling noises and such as they talked, and she finally asked him what he was doing......looking for his cell phone, he said...... She asked him what did he have pressed to his ear?.....

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
These stories had me laughing, I'm sorry! I remember a few incidents I said I'd never forget - but I've forgotten them.

That said - Pamela - I bet some time in the next year you find your cube covered in keys!!!!

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've only been at my new job 2 weeks now. On Friday my first week I went to leave after a sales meeting and realized my keys were locked in my car, in the ignition! I had arrived early to the meeting to find the building locked and gone back out to wait in the car until the boss showed up, and I guess I instinctively stuck them in the ignition and forgot them in my rush when she arrived. Thankfully it wasn't on, but I had to wait and get teased until DH could bring the spare keys!