Email notifications

imagyne

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Anne,

I went into my user cp and turned of the email notification when someone responds to a thread, but I'm still getting email notices.

Did I not do it right?

Ken

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ken:

This may sound like a dumb question, but did you scroll all the way to the bottom and click on "submit changes"?

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I just checked your options through the admin panel and the option was still off so I turned it on for you. You should be getting them from now on (but I think that only for posts you make from now on, not on previous threads).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

imagyne

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ummmmm Anne?

That's what the post was for...

I had turned them off and was still gettting them. I wanted to know if you could stop them..

Ken

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ken:

I'm glad I'm not completely nuts. I thought you wanted them off, but then thought I misinterpreted when I read Anne's response.

Phew!

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think this is what Anne means,

I turned off my email notifications, but I still get them when someone responds to a thread that I had posted in BEFORE I turned off the notifications. In other words it doesn't effect past threads. everytime someone posts to the 'post pictures of your beautiful cats' thread, I get a notification but that is the only semi-active one left for me

I hope this made sense.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

imagyne

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks ya'll, I understand about getting emails from threads before I turned it off.... I was thinking that anyway.

But.. If you read Annes post, she looked at mine.. it was off, (i had turned it off a few days ago), and she turned it back on..

Does any of this remind you of Who's on First?

hehehehehe

Ken

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Oops...

Totally my mistake. I just changed it back - sorry!

What you need to do now is go to your CP and scroll down to where it says that you are not subscribed to any forums. The next line says:

Subscribed threads with new posts since your last visit: [view all subscribed threads]
When viewing those threads you can unsubscribe from the threads you want.

I think that should do it...