Elevated feeding dish???

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was fed up with my four cats making a mess with their food ,so i got some small pizza trays ,now most of the food doesn't end up on the floor .

Someone suggested i raise the height of their food dishes .

nanny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You are a wonderful person.  I hope your little boy is well.  He is a lucky puss:)

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I notice some have said Corelle dishes are used.  Is this the safest for the cats?  What is the best for water bowl?  Is the plastic not advised because it could get into the water? 

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I notice some have said Corelle dishes are used.  Is this the safest for the cats?  What is the best for water bowl?  Is the plastic not advised because it could get into the water? 
Plastics are more bacteria prone. Ceramic, porcelain or metal would be good

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Plastics are more bacteria prone. Ceramic, porcelain or metal would be good

Thanks so much!  I'm glad for the info because I never gave it too much thought until now. :think:  :idea:  
Sorry, I meant stainless steel, not metal or enamel, as enamel can chip off and metal gets rusty [emoji]128517[/emoji]

Last edited:

msmamakat1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Re the elevated eating subject. I had never thought of that. But after reading the article I did give it some.... So I observed their next meal. Hmmm I said.
At Walmart I searched. And found a 2" tall shelf. Put the plates on it and they really seemed to enjoy eating that way ..
GREAT IDEA!
$3.97!![emoji]128077[/emoji]

Last edited: