Election day...who's voting?

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I turned in my absentee ballot yesterday. We had such a long ballot that I wanted to be able to take my time filling it out.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom and I got back a few minutes ago. Poll is a couple a miles down the road and we arrived just after the lunch crowd. I was voter #390 (which I hope is out of 500 or so registered for our precinct.)

Also the first time using the new machines. Not very complicated at all.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was #595 which for our township at 12:45 is pretty good turnout. We have one electronic machine but I did paper ballot as usual. In the Wall Street Journal today there was an editorial about the Wisconsin governor's race.
A few referendum's too that cannot be ignored.

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It definitely has been bad here and glad to see the really nasty ads didn't help for a change. Hopefully things will get better both here and nationally. And I definitely voted--If you don't vote, you can't complain. (Of course if you vote and your guy wins, you can't really complain either although I haven't had that problem for a while.)

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I was there around 7:05 this morning! With Mitt Romney eyeing the White House, we have a very nasty gubernatorial election this year. I went with the lesser of the two evils.

I just noticed GingersMom commented on our mud-slinging. It has been ridiculous!
LOL - I thought we had three evils to choose from?

Hasn't it been worse than usual this year? I saw the debates, and went away from them thinking that all the candidates must never have gotten past 7th grade.

I don't vote for a party, and I'm actually a bit disappointed that Gabrielli didn't make it on the ticket. I honestly thought his was the least offensive campaign that had the most to say while actually addressing the Commonwealth's citizens concerns.

But then, he got knocked out in the primary, so we've had to duck mud ever since. Oh well - tonight we'll know for sure what to expect next!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Actually, there are 4 evils, but with 2 front runners.

I will be VERY surprised if Deval Patrick loses.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Actually, there are 4 evils, but with 2 front runners.

I will be VERY surprised if Deval Patrick loses.
Ooopsie, forgot Ms. Ross, LOL!!!

Seriously, so will I - the polls usually don't lie. I'm not a fan of his, however. To date I haven't heard him come out with one single idea about any of this "change" that he keeps talking about. I'm afraid it will simply be business as usual on Beacon Hill.

I've spent a lot of time there as an activist, and Duvall's office has absolutely refused to respond to a single call to find out his position on some of the bills that we motorcyclists have in the legislature at the moment.

If you're going to govern the people, shouldn't you actually respond to the people? We got more response out of Mitt than we did Healy, but Duvall seems to be pretending we don't exist.

Again, we'll see what happens!

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are totally vote by mail here. But I took my ballot to the box this afternoon, waiting till the last minute feels more like going to the polls. I still miss that, felt more satisfying for some reason. I am a rural mail carrier and the political mail was brutal this time....I will not miss it! Now the flood of Christmas catalogs take it's place! It never ends!