Elderly cat, small spot/lump on skin.

lucy_eff

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all. Very new here but wondering if anyone could help/offer advice. My cat is 18, I’ve had her since she was a kitten, she’s like a second child to me (I have an actual child too ). Now she’s getting older she has one or two spots on her back, not causing any bother to her and still eating/drinking as normal and in good general health. She’s always been a very nervous cat and hates going in a carrier. A trip to the vet would cause her a lot of stress. Does anyone have any idea what the spots could be? I’ve attached a photo of the latest one to appear, which happens to be the biggest probably about 0.5cm big if that. Many thanks for any replies in advance. I’m trying not to be super worried about this!

Attachments

luda macka

meow ♡
Young Cat
Purraise
It's kinda hard to tell, but it kinda looks like a wart of some kind to me.

If there's only one or two and they're just chilling there, it's probably fine, but I would still monitor her just in case.

If more start showing up and/or they start getting bigger, then I would contact a vet about it. Maybe even now, you can just take videos and pictures of it and email the vet asking for their opinion and is it something worth coming in.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can you email the picture to the vet for a quick assessment? If the vet says he / she needs to look at the lump in person, then you'll need to bring the cat in. Few cats like going to the vet. They get stressed going to the vet but are fine going home and usually forget all about where they went. Spraying Feliway in the carrier before placing the cat in may help. Covering the carrier with a light towel helps to keep cats calm because they aren't stressed out by what they see.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lucy_eff

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks both. I’ll definitely be monitoring and have just sent an email with a photo to my vet. So hopefully will her back soon. Thanks again.