elderly cat is in pain but why????HELP!!!!!!

kim haislip

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good morning all.  I have an 11 year old cat, Miss Whiskers.  She has been my companion and seen her share of tears from many things with me and she is my reason to wake up everyday.   She normally is normally not a super affectionate cat but she lets me pick her up and love her and if she knows you well she will allow this too.

This morning I came to my bedroom to find her laying on her left side and her hind right leg is shaking and she seemed unable to lift her head.  I thought she was being a drama queen at first and just cranky which is normal sometimes.  But then I petted her and she gave the 'grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr'.  I thought maybe again she was being dramatic.  So I helped her stand and I watched her and she walked a few feet and then laid down again on the left side.  Then she walked more and she was very slow and careful, not her usual 'happy go lucky..where is the food bowl' self...I went to the kitchen behind her and watched her. she laid again on the right side.  I did what I know always gets her going.. grabbed the snack bag.  She did not run to me. She looked at me so I picked her up and she growled again and did not take the treats. She walked over to her little rug and laid down.  I waited a few minutes and she was still shaking that leg.  Its not really shaking but more or less.. flintching. almost like what a dog does when he is excited with the hing leg.  

After a few more minutes I took her to my bedroom and laid her on the bed and laid beside her. she growled but tried to get comfie but with some difficulty.  I finally put her into her little bed and she growled a bit more and I gave her the snacks and she ate them out of my hand but growled the whole time.

I know that she has some problems with her anal sacs and I have to have them expressed and I checked her rear to see if all was well.. no blood.. she pooped a few hours ago and whizzed too.      She does not seem to want to be held as it seems to cause her pain.  I cant tell if the pain is in her tummy, her leg, her back  or where.  she will let me rub her head and ears but thats all.  She is in her bed now and she has managed to turn a bit and is resting.

I know everyone will say go to the vet but please keep in mind that we live in Izmir Turkey and going to the vet is a bit expensive and really I want to see if anyone has any idea of what I am dealing with so that when I do go I can tell my boyfriend whom is Turkish to explain in Turkish what is happening and what we think.  The vets are good but still they see a foreigner and often times will try to swindle us out of more money.  they just dont know..teachers dont make that much!    

Any help is greatly appreciated!! [emoji]9829[/emoji][emoji]9829[/emoji][emoji]9829[/emoji][emoji]9829[/emoji]

What could possibly be going on?  Stoke?  fractured bones? pulled muscle?   

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it could be a variety of things, but she really does need to see a vet as soon as possible. Have your boyfriend explain the symptoms. You don't need to go in with a diagnosis - that's their job.

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
How are you and your kitty?