Eighteen-month Anniversary

ericsmom1000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today is a sad day for my friend, Kelly (angelsmommy). It was 18 months ago today that her beloved Angel was euthanized. He fought a brave two-month battle against lymphoma, but it overtook him. She has his picture next to the urn containing his ashes, plus a hydrangea plant on the porch in his memory, and cried as she talked to him. Angel has brought her a little girl, a black cat named Sammie, but Angel will always have a special place in Kelly's heart.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Angel was a very special kitty and many of us remember him with lots of love. Kelly angels mommy angels mommy was a wonderful mom to Angel and now little Sammie is fortunate enough to be cared for by this lovely woman. Kelly and Angel will be bonded for all time. RIP Angel. You will never be forgotten.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Although these anniversaries are always a heartbreaker, they also remind us of the love and happiness we shared with our loved ones in the past. Angel is at rest now, forever remembered and forever loved.The bond that will connects angel and Kelly can never be broken, it binds the souls together with love. Little Sammie will be loved too, in a unique, special way, as it should be. She is grateful to be given a home and the love she craves, and she provides a distraction and a healing balm for a broken heart.
The ache and the heartache will become easier to bear in time, we all learn to cope with the loss and learn a new life's order for ourselves. The past can never be changed, but our memories let us revisit and remember, to celebrate having them in our lives and teaching us what love truly is. To learn how to go into the future and pass on the legacy of love they entrusted to us. Kelly brings honor to Angel's name by opening her heart. Angel's love can never be duplicated, but the love Sammie will bring is another priceless treasure in itself.
I'll pray for you all, and cry for your pain. Time WILL bring peace, but we must help it to happen. Take care......

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Angel and Sammie story was one of the first threads I read when I came here. RIP sweet Angel. I hope Sammie is helping to heal your mommy's broken heart. :redheartpump:

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
No matter how much time goes by or how many other kitties come into our lives there are some that we feel more attached to than the others, but we just have to carry on and live in the present and take care of ourselves and our current kitties, but for sure the memory of some stays with us forever, and the times that we shared with them will always remain in our hearts and minds forever.

I hope she is feeling better soon, God Bless....:alright:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone. Thanks Miki, (ericsmom1000), for remembering this day.
I really appreciate all the very kind & loving words. I am doing fine though. To tell you the truth, I hadn't remembered that Saturday was that day. I went to the movies with my mom & had a nice afternoon. However, Friday night, I was cleaning, & when I dusted one of Angels pictures, the one in my room, I was telling how much I missed him & he would always be my soul kitty, & thanked him for guiding little Sammie to me. Of course, I got a little emotional & shed some tears. I didn't even realize the next day marked 18 months. Maybe he was reminding me, in a way, but I didn't realize it. Sammie came along 7 months after loosing Angel. ( Its hard to believe that Labor day wknd will be one year that she's been with me already!!) I didn't think I was ready, but I guess she , Angel, & God had other plans! Of course if I tell Angels story, I get teary eyed, but Sammie has really helped fill my heart, & I am fine otherwise. I know I did everything I possibly could to try & save Angel.
(Along w/ our wonderful vet!) He will always live in my heart, & I know he is near in spirit.
Thank you all for thinking of me.:grouphug:
Kelly
Here's the picture in the corner of my room. I cut some flowers fromy garden.
IMG_20170807_172901257.jpg

Last edited:

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Angel was a special little boy, he was loved by so many on this forum. We all prayed that he would be able to beat the cancer. RIP sweet beautiful boy. Kelly my heart goes out to you, and I am so thankful that you have another little furry soul in your life. No one can replace Angel, but knowing you saved Sammie from a rough and short life on the streets must bring you some comfort. I truly believe Angle told her that his mom is the best and will make sure she is safe and loved

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, Thanks Eric. That's so sweet.
Yes, I am grateful she came along. Even though I didn't think I was ready, & was afraid I wouldn't be able to keep her. Answered prayers on that one for sure!
Yes, I too think Angel guided her here, & maybe the man she lost as well. If she came from where my neighbor thinks she may have.

For anyone who doesn't know the story,
My neighbor thinks she could have come from two doors down. An older couple lives there. (I'd only seen the man outside before, never the wife. Didn't know he had one).
Anyway, he passed away, & supposedly there were already 4 older adult cats inside, & she let or put out the others. IF that is where she came from, ( her ear is TNR'd) she definitely was indoor/ outdoor. It's sad & cruel that anyone would do that. Weather "putting them out" to be just outside, or actually "putting them out, out."
I think if she/ they were still being fed normally, that they would've stayed. Apparently that doesn't seem to be the case, although she was never skinny. She was sleeker, but healthy. She's definitely put on a little weight since being here, I think. I haven't weighed her. She was 10 lbs when I took her to the vet. She could be 11 now. I need to weigh her.
So anyway, she may have had two guiding her from the other side to match us up! :angel3: