Eggs!!!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Roimata

Thats what my dad said
Id also love to try milk thats straight from a cow...but that seems kind of gross if its not free of bacteria.
I don't know about where you live, but here in Ontario even the dairy farmers are not allowed to take the milk straight from the cow for their own personal use.

Originally Posted by fwan

My mother hates white eggs, I mean i see no difference except for baking.
While baking the cakes ect have a richer taste if made with brown eggs.

I just buy what ever is on sale
I'm not sure I really believe there is that much difference in flavour between brown and white eggs - just different hens.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Might be a slight difference in taste, but nutrition wise its the same. There are only a few breeds of chickens (that I remember reading about) that lay brown eggs - the majority lay white eggs. I do know the Rhode Island Reds were one of the brown layers.

And the color eggs - its the breed - not what they feed them - my SIL's chickens all get feed the same kind of food but she has a few of the fancy breeds and they are the blue/green egg layers. The breed is nicknamed "Easter Chickens"

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to live on a farm when i was a little girl- and man -there is nothing better than farm fresh eggs from your own hens!!!!
I miss those days!!! Store bought ones are just not the same!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Roimata

Sorry this has nothing to do with pets LOL, But I was curious. So I was looking up brown eggs on google today and they say that there is no difference in nutritional value than white eggs. So I was wondering, then why do some people prefer brown eggs? Does anyone know?
Tristan (my SO) lives on a farm, his parents breed chickens, they are free range. The colour and size of the egg depends on the age and breed of the chicken. I've had eggs from older chickens, that were really little and white, and they taste just as good as store bought and brown eggs. It doesn't make much of a difference unless you are one of those people that tastes eggs for a living :p