Eep! She's too young!

loudora

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thanks for all your messages, dora seeems to be coming out of her heat already, i'm guessing that it will be completely over by tomorrow. we have her booked in for a consultation on friday and then i'm hoping he will spay her next wednesday. is this too soon after her heat does anybody know? she would have been out of heat for a week. it's weird, she was only in heat for 6days, i expected it to be longer. we could always give her an extra couple of days and spay her on friday instead. i just don't want her going into heat again already!!!!
she is my first cat and it was really sad to see her so distressed......
xx

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's fine. Tell your vet when she came out of heat.

But just think... she'll never have to go through this again! Sometimes I wish human women could just be spayed and be done with it... we could grow our babies in big fish tanks, and not have to walk around pregnant (though I'll admit it does kind of seem like it'd be special to carry your baby around like that). Lucky kitties, never having to worry about PMS again! :p

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Mooch went into heat at like 4 1/2 or close to 5 months. I forget now. But it was very short. So short she went into the heat on Saturday, her spay appt had already been scheduled for that next Tuesday, and she was fine by then.

Good luck with her spay!

vrgchs

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kittens can get spayed/neutered younger then 6 months. All my kittens once they are sold and before they leave to their new home, are fixed at 4 months old. There are quite a few vets that will do it at 4 months old also.

Is it a young inexperienced vet??

Valerie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mai_kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update!

My little Aura got spayed on Friday and is doing good, although I think the little bugger already chewed a stitch out.

The incision looks really bunched up except in the middle where it looks like there should be a stitch, but instead it looks like the skin is separated. So its back to the vet to check and see if there is a missing stitch and to get a cone for her.

She was being sneaky about licking her incision too. I would watch her and she would be licking the shaved skin and then next thing you know she is licking her incision and pulling on a stitch. She's a snot but I love her.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Daphne did the same thing. If I took the ecollar off for even a second, she was right at those stitches. She had to wear the collar until the stitches came out
She looked sooo miserable! Hoping your little one settles down once the itchiness goes away