EEK! I'm so excited!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Cool. Let us know when you do know!

That's good. I just read a few weeks and I thought eeek!
Oh - nope - I know better than that!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went over to see the kittens tonite - (I took pics, they are now in Fur Pictures)... oh goodness, I am SO anxious to bring a new baby home!

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am SOOO excited for you! I haven't yet looked at pics, but am heading that way as soon as I post this. I'm sure things will work out wonderfully once you bring the new baby home, no matter what the gender. My BF has a boy cat about a year older than Marlee, who we had tried to introduce a few times, but his cat Mick never did anything but hide and growl. But a few weeeks ago me and Patrick went to the beach with my parents, so both cats were kitty-sat by his parents. Within a full day they were playing together! What is so funny, is that even though Marlee is a girl, about half his size, and younger, they said she pretty much ruled the house! Can't wait to hear more about the babies...

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AshleyNicole

I am SOOO excited for you! I haven't yet looked at pics, but am heading that way as soon as I post this. I'm sure things will work out wonderfully once you bring the new baby home, no matter what the gender. My BF has a boy cat about a year older than Marlee, who we had tried to introduce a few times, but his cat Mick never did anything but hide and growl. But a few weeeks ago me and Patrick went to the beach with my parents, so both cats were kitty-sat by his parents. Within a full day they were playing together! What is so funny, is that even though Marlee is a girl, about half his size, and younger, they said she pretty much ruled the house! Can't wait to hear more about the babies...
Aww, thats so great to hear about Marlee and Mick!

Lets hope that it works out that smooth for me!

Have you ever thought about getting Marlee a playmate?

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I posted on the other thread before I saw this one. I answered my own ?
They are so cute.. I thought moms cat wasn't due for a few weeks.. Unless it has already been that long. LOL

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by momof3rugratz

I posted on the other thread before I saw this one. I answered my own ?
They are so cute.. I thought moms cat wasn't due for a few weeks.. Unless it has already been that long. LOL
We didn't think she was due til the end of the month - but I guess she was pregnant longer than we thought!

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Aww, thats so great to hear about Marlee and Mick!

Lets hope that it works out that smooth for me!

Have you ever thought about getting Marlee a playmate?
I have absolutely thought about it, over and over again! I would LOVE to get another kitty, but my parents would rather me wait. While I'm in school they are being great enough to pay for anything, so I figure I should respect their wishes. But atleast now we're going to keep getting Marlee and Mick together often so they can play!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AshleyNicole

I have absolutely thought about it, over and over again! I would LOVE to get another kitty, but my parents would rather me wait. While I'm in school they are being great enough to pay for anything, so I figure I should respect their wishes. But atleast now we're going to keep getting Marlee and Mick together often so they can play!
Thats great that you are waiting to get her a friend until its a good time! I'm sure Marlee would love a little playmate!

How old is she?

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thats great that you are waiting to get her a friend until its a good time! I'm sure Marlee would love a little playmate!

How old is she?
I don't know her birthdate since she's from a shelter. The shelter told me she was probably 10 weeks when I got her, but my vet said she was probably closer to 8 at the most. So since I got her the beginning of September, I figure she was born around the beginning of July, making her around 10 months old. I can't believe how quick its gone by!!

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can tell you McKenzie, that I was in a similar situation when we got Rocky. Zakk was almost a year old, and king!! At first Rocky was so little that Zakk could just kinda push him down and he really wasn't a threat. Then they got used to eachother, and in Zakk's mind he is the king, and Rocky lets him think that, although he puts up a better fight now b/c he is at least 3 lbs heavier. The other two younger cats are very submissive around Zakk, but Rocky is more of a "brother" to them. Rocky is the only one that will not put up totally with his baloney, but no one ever gets hurt.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think you should pick a white one. I'd take the other!
lol I'm sure that would go over well here.

Congrats on the soon-to-be new baby! I'm off to look at the pics!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I think you should pick a white one. I'd take the other!
lol I'm sure that would go over well here.

Congrats on the soon-to-be new baby! I'm off to look at the pics!
Natalie - does the Humane Society back home take kittens?

I'm so worried that if they all don't find homes, they will end up on the street

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Natalie - does the Humane Society back home take kittens?

I'm so worried that if they all don't find homes, they will end up on the street
If you are concerned about that, yes, they will take the kittens. Then you could be sure they get good homes. I can mention that I know someone who might know of some kittens needing homes if you would like me to. I won't say anything unless you want me to. Another option is for you to call the HS & let them know. The president might be pushy on insisting momma gets spayed, but that is already in the plan.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

If you are concerned about that, yes, they will take the kittens. Then you could be sure they get good homes. I can mention that I know someone who might know of some kittens needing homes if you would like me to. I won't say anything unless you want me to. Another option is for you to call the HS & let them know. The president might be pushy on insisting momma gets spayed, but that is already in the plan.
I'm not sure about our HS taking in kittens here - I have not yet called them, but I will if they all don't have homes. I just don't want anything to happen to them, and if our HS in town wont take them, I'd be more than willing to drive the 2 hrs home and bring them to the one back home!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'm not sure about our HS taking in kittens here - I have not yet called them, but I will if they all don't have homes. I just don't want anything to happen to them, and if our HS in town wont take them, I'd be more than willing to drive the 2 hrs home and bring them to the one back home!
I'd love it, too! I want to see the white ones in person...

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd definately bring them to you! I know, you'd keep the white one, wouldn't you?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'd definately bring them to you! I know, you'd keep the white one, wouldn't you?
If it was really quiet, I think I could hide it from dad for awhile...but eventually he'd find out & then the cats & I would have to move out. I think with Damita & Chico coming back home, he'd flip out if I got another cat. If I had my own place, I would take him/her in a heartbeat....(DUH!!)

If you check out the HS's website, look at Wilbur. White, longhair, grey siamese markings, 2 months old, & no one wants him!
They all want the white shorthaired kittens...