Eeek Urgent!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cassandra_starr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let me do the pinch test and see, and then I'll get back to ya!

cassandra_starr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I did a pinch test and his skin went back down pretty quickly. I'm still gonna try to get some soft food and entice him to eat just because I'm paranoid about him becoming dehydrated.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cassie, I'm glad he seems to be doing so much better! Do your best not to stress about possible dehydration. Since his "pinch test" is good, maybe put him in the spare bathroom again tonight. That way you'll be able to see if he's peeing, and it'll help you not worry about whether or not you need to get him to the vet tomorrow.

cassandra_starr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good idea Laurie. I'll definitely do that. I've always had a hard time getting him to drink water. He hates it. But I added a little warm water to his soft food and he lapped it right up.
He seems to be perking up more and more. Poor baby I feel so bad for putting neosporin on him. I was in tears last night because all of this happen because I put neosporin on his ear.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I did a pinch test and his skin went back down pretty quickly. I'm still gonna try to get some soft food and entice him to eat just because I'm paranoid about him becoming dehydrated.
When we're concerned that Snowball might become dehydrated, we mix a small amount of his soft food with some warm water so that it's really soupy. It does encourage Snowball to drink, so maybe it will work for Jake too.

cassandra_starr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's exactly what I did Lorie. I put some very warm water in his soft food and he gobbled it up. I was grinning from ear to ear. All three of my boys were in the other side of the house and I was in the kitchen. I opened up that can food and suddenly I had three boys weaving through my legs and meowing steadily. Jake was even trying to stretch up on the counter and take a look at the "yummy" smell.

He ate it up and so far has kept it down!

kmcook

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so glad for you that he is doing better! I would still get him checked by the vet just in case it was something other that a reaction to the neosporin.