Educating friends about cats...or...was trying to.

angelzoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ceehorn: That's horrible!! There is something you can do. Talk with other persian breeders in your state and inform them of just what type of person this lady is!!
It would be bad enough to declaw the cat after she knew she shouldn't for the sake of the cat, but she also went back on a LEGAL contract, not many breeders will look kindly on that.

If she still wants another cat I say you put her and her husbands name on a look out list.

ceehorne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh I calle deveryone I know right away when they asked for another. We always keep each other up to date on people like that. If they get another one it will probably be un papered or out of our area.
Denise

auroraviva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's so sad to see how some people treat animals. I would just like to say that I grew up with dogs, cats, birds, fish, frogs, etc. Out of a cat, a dog, and a bird (the only animals that you can snuggle with), a cat is the easiest by far to take care of. They make almost no mess when taken care of properly and if you spend a little time making sure they learn WHERE to scratch, they don't damage any of your things either. I would like to own many animals one day, but as I am an apartment-dweller currently, I am sticking to cats. I just don't have the space for a dog or a massive bird cage.

I think you should tell her to go smell the litter box. If she thinks it stinks, the cat probably does, too!

angelzoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well hopefully she HAS learned her lesson and will never do it again and will be forced to adopt from a shelter instead. To a lot of people it's not worth it to go all the way out of state just to get "some animal".