Economic Help For Venezuelan Shelter

vanillabuzz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello guys! I had never before shared any type of funding anywhere outside of Instagram where I'm the most active, but I figured I would give this a try because it's so important. Many of you may know that the situation in Venezuela is really bad and in many places they are running out of pet food. The country is in a terrible situation and a small shelter called Patitas Felices (Happy Paws) is planning to move from Venezuela to Colombia, with all of their furry rescues, of course (17 dogs and 5 cats). They need money, however, so I wanted to leave the link here:

https://www.gofundme.com/emigrando-la-manada-patitas-felices

Any amount helps. I have researched them to the best of my ability (I have been scammed before so I try my best to look into things before donating, and even more when sharing) and I consider them to be legitimate, but of course, it's your choice whether you want to donate or not. I have donated the highest amount I could manage, but even one dollar would make a difference for them. If you can't donate, please share for others to consider donating. :(

This is their Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpatitasfelices/ if any of you would like to stop by and take a look, although it is in Spanish I can help translate if any of you need.

Thank you!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
MOD NOTE:

To all members, a reminder that it is your responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Ask for references, phone numbers, call around the area and find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized.

Please note that this is a generic note added after all pleas for money.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vanillabuzz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Please, anyone? :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vanillabuzz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
People may be looking at the gofundme link and/or donating but not posting about it here.

What a sad situation.
Thank you! Yes, it's so heartbreaking. I have tried to share their funding page everywhere I can but they're still very far from their goal. I really hope they will make it. :redheartpump:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How sad that some causes get incredible amounts of money yet others get only a mere "meh". Too bad they cannot do a video that will go viral ....