Ebay Rant!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would hate to get a negative though. I've never really bought anything or sold anything from eBay yet so that would hurt my score. Talking to them before buying seems like a good idea and I don't like power sellers much anyways, they seem to always go the cheapest way possible with packaging. My hubby bought my old cell phone from a power seller and it came in a freaking envelope wrapped in newspaper! It was fine and undamaged but still... an envelope?! That's not even padded at all!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

I would hate to get a negative though. I've never really bought anything or sold anything from eBay yet so that would hurt my score. Talking to them before buying seems like a good idea and I don't like power sellers much anyways, they seem to always go the cheapest way possible with packaging. My hubby bought my old cell phone from a power seller and it came in a freaking envelope wrapped in newspaper! It was fine and undamaged but still... an envelope?! That's not even padded at all!
One of my pet peeves on eBay: sellers who charge a lot for shipping, then send the item in a cheesy package. I don't mind absorbing the cost for packing material they must buy. That was one of my beefs with this guy--I paid about $7-8 shipping on a 1.99 item (one was 2.99, I think), only to have them wrapped up in a used shopping bag, all the way from China! Hey, I appreciate a seller recycling perfectly good packing materials, but they should pas on the savings in the shipping, not gouge us. When I sold on eBay, I would get free materials, but would only charge the exact postage. If I needed to buy a special box, let's say, I charged the exact amount in the postage. Gas really wasn't an issue, as I passed the post office on the way home.

I recently got something I paid about $4.00 shipping for, only to see it arrive in a small, letter envelope, with .39 postage! Will never deal with that seller again...

BTW, I wimped out, and had the feedback withdrawn
I just hated to have negs. I know, I know...

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have both sold and bought stuff on Ebay. When calculating shipping charges, I see what other people with simular items have for shipping/handling charges. I have yet to get or give negative feedback.

One item I sold was a used Xbox system. I won it at work and when my hubby tired of it, sold it on Ebay. The person that ended up buying it actually paid MORE than a new one would go for! I did include a game with it and two controllers. I found out later that in her part of the country, they could not get the older Xbox, only the 360. That may be why she bought it.

When I buy items, I look at the feedback before I bid.

Hope you get that negative withdrawn