Eating slowing down again, what is this?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is supposed to eat 3/4 cup of i/d per day for her weight, and that amount is to lose a bit of weight. Past two days it has been half a cup, maybe a tiny bit more. Her liver enzymes are down to 123 now, almost normal, as per a call today from the vet. She is eating on the appetite stimulant now.

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is supposed to eat 3/4 cup of i/d per day for her weight, and that amount is to lose a bit of weight. Past two days it has been half a cup, maybe a tiny bit more. Her liver enzymes are down to 123 now, almost normal, as per a call today from the vet. She is eating on the appetite stimulant now.
Hmm, well, you have to take into account that the amounts on the back of the bag tend to be too much food, so it may be that on this food, she only needs 1/2 cup.

I'm not so good with how many calories a cat needs, but for reference, my 18-19lb cat at the time was eating between 160-201 calories per day in order to properly lose weight. 3/4ths of a cup of this food is 373 calories. Half a cup is 249. So, for her weight, half a cup actually seems just right.