Eating Litter is Often a sign of Anemia!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Was anything done to treat his anemia? Were they concerned about him potentially "bleeding everywhere" because he had low platelets?
 Hey, Speedboats bloodwork was all a catastrophe.  His platelets were really bad.  Everything on the chart was bad, inclluding his kidneys were failing.  The vet thought is was cancer.  We did everything like fluids and all kinds of medicines.  I can't remember a lot of the details now.  But because it was all so bad, we just did everything on a daily basis hoping to get some more time.  It went on several weeks.  He quit eating entirely.  I have a picture of hm taken the last day of his life.  He was laying by the dining room door and was so beautiful.  You could not tell by looking at him that anything at all was wrong.  He was a big red tabby and loved me better than any cat I ever had.  I don't know how you feel about such, but we know for sure he has visited us at least two times.  We miss him.  He was 14 years old.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do believe in such things, and I remember reading about the visits. :heart2:

Aw.... I'm sorry. :rub: Cancer can do that. :( And cats are so good at hiding how they feel, we often have little warning.... :( :heart2:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, I have lost two super sweet cats to sudden deaths and not really known why.  Max, my tuxedo cat, was 12 and his kidneys failed. We didn't do a necropsy on either cat and sometimes I wish we had.