Eating Habits

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The easiest way to give up junk food (at least for me) is to go cold turkey. After about a week, the cravings will stop. Whenever I DID have a craving, I ate something healthy instead. After 2-3 weeks, when you're done craving, you can have a treat every once in a while...but make it small, and don't do it often.

*Hugs* Don't always trust the scale. Trust how you look and how you feel. I lost 25 pounds and now I'm at a standstill. I work out almost everyday (based on my schedule) and others have seen improvements in my body, as have I...but the scale hasn't moved.

Like others said, focus on the positive things, not the negative things, and you'll be fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man was I tired and emotional last night when i typed that. I think I have something against by DH for being a stick LOL

I think I was just fed up with myself last night. I know I really want to change so bad but I am the one who is constantly underminding myself and my progress. I think I should go see and doctor and see what we can do to loose this weight and get healthy...although I do not want to get a physical

I have to be honest, I went to the doctors in January (because a friend made the apppointment, drove me to it, and came into the exam room with me) and she wanted me to do a full pysical after I went for blood work. I never went back after that. I'm terrified!

I'm going to start thinking in terms of one day at a time and yesterday was the past and start fresh everyday. I've started a weight loss journal to help me keep me goals. Maybe I'll post it here too???

Anyways thank you so much for your words of encouragement, They helped me through this tough time.

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weight Watchers.I've lost about 75 lbs on WW.

That basically means chosing lower fat higher fibre foods for your meals, and eating more whole wheats.
Also limiting portion sizes (Hey, look at a seving of chips. It's an ounce. The last time you had chips, did you stop at 1 ounce?) Eat more vegetables, Squash, Zuchinni, etc. Avoid Trans Fats, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oils, and High Fructose Corn Syrup. Cut back on cream and sugar.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't afford weight watchers. I can't afford anything. When I made the decision that I wanted to change my life, I had to make a choice...Health or job and I chose Health.

I was supposed to go work at Burger King again this summer, but working there over 2 years helped me gain a lot of weight and I know I'm not in a position yet where my cravings are gone or lessened and I don't have that kind of will power for full time work there so I never took the job.

I've applied at sooooo many jobs but I feel like no one wants to hire me because they look at me and see this fat person and think that I won't work as hard as a skinny person or whatever and stats show that employers often decided whether to hire you or not within the first 30 seconds, so what are they really basing it on??????????????

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I thought I'd update this thread....I was thinking that we could use a official weightloss thread or something to that affect.

I joined a weightloss forum where I keep a food and exercise diary but everyone can view and post comments and encouragement in it and it's really awesome. I joined my first 2 week weightloss challange and I am part of the group named belly busters
It's awesome.

Does anyone else keep a food/exercise diary?????

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I used to keep a food diary but that just got annoying to me...but I do watch a lot more now that I was writing it down.

I keep a workout calendar posted above my desk...pink pen for reasons why I didn't work out, black pen to write what I did to exercise. Because the pink stands out more, it makes me want to fill in with the black.
It's also nice just to see how much you've done each week.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if anyone else mentioned this, but Oprah says you aren't supposed to eat past 7pm...Thought I'd share

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I don't know if anyone else mentioned this, but Oprah says you aren't supposed to eat past 7pm...Thought I'd share
Yeah, I usually don't eat past 7:30 or so...it depends on what time I go to sleep....it does actually work because I lost more weight the next morning

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that is relative to what time you would go to bed at....hehe I love Oprah...she goes to bed at 10pm. The rule is to stop eating 3 to 4 hours before bedtime.

I've got to get outside this afternoon and do a good walk for about an hour!

I'm on a challange I hope to loose 2-4 pounds this week. I've lost 2 pounds a week so far yey me! I only weigh once a week(fridays).

I've kind of discovered that I actually like to count calories. Yesterday I had 805 calories ( grocery day blah!) and I ended up eating a Whopper for supper (650 cals) so I feel that my day balanced out.

I'm working on going to bed earlier and get up earlier for walks in the am.

I figure by the time I go back to school (based on 2 lbs loss/week) I will have lost 24 lbs. I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!