Eating alone in a restaurant

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I eat alone all the time. I didnt used to but then I thought well theres no law against it so I shouldnt I have what I want just because Im alone.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do it from time to time. When I can get a break from the house and all the work here.I love to go and get a small order of Wonton soup and eat it alone.

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't eat alone much, but when I do I feel more comfortable with a newspaper or something to read. I'll even occupy myself by balancing my checkbook if there's nothing else to do. OR...is there's a TV available, position yourself to watch it.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always enjoyed going out to eat by myself. I don't do it as often as I used to, in my 20's I used to all the time. I find it to be relaxing and I enjoy watching people. Every time I go shopping I must always treat myself to lunch out, it's something I always do! It's so fun!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

It bothered me years ago, but since I travel to the U.S. every year, mostly alone, I've gotten used to it. I always take reading material, though.
I havent travelled but I too take reading material and have a great time alone...

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I do that, too. We have Le Peep restaurants in my neigborhood. They do a great breakfast or lunch and keep copies of "Diddly News" on the counter, a fun mindless read while dining alone. I stop in on my way out to shop. Makes the day go better.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CATTYBIRD

I love eating meals out alone.
My husband does, too. He always "treats" himself when he goes on a shopping trip. Since he was already doing that when I met him, I don't think it's my cooking.

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really enjoy eating out alone as long as I have a book so I look busy, lol.

salix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I absolutely love to go out for a burger at red robin's and then a movie. The nice thing being that I never have to argue with anyone about which movie to see

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't mind eating out on my own at all. I used to go downtown alone all the time by myself to record shows,etc...at the time, my best friend was going to college out of the city and i didn't really have anyone left around here to go with me- so it was eithor stay at home bored out of my mind or venture out and have fun on my own, so that's what i did
so doing things on my own doesn't bother me.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't mind breakfast or lunch, but I don't like to do dinner alone. It seems so lonely. I prefer going to the movies alone though. I go for matinee or twilight.