Easter Baskets

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How funny that you dreaded your Easter dress! My daughter is D-Y-I-N-G for a "princess dress" and some pretty shoes! Not this year I'm afraid, she needs school clothes not a dress she's only going to wear once.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sunlion, I was just like your daughter! I looked forward to Christmas and Easter because then I would get a pretty dress for church! I always picked out the frilly-est, most princess looking dress in the store. There were a couple of years that I couldn't get the dress I wanted, or any new one, because money was tight. I was disappointed, but I got over it. I always wanted to wear my pretty dresses to school and never could understand why Mom wouldn't let me...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nena10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love to go to church on Easter. For me as a catholic, Holy week is next week. On Palm sunday, I go to church were they give everyone a leaf of palm. I guess its when Jesus came into Jerusalem and everyone welcomed him with the leaves as he came on his burro. On thursday, the priest washes some feet. Good Friday is when Jesus was cruxified and died. I go to church and its dark. No music. Nothing. From Wednesday until Saturday night, I fast and eat no meat. On Saturday, they light up the Easter candle. New members get baptized into the church, and there is joyful music again.

I love going to Easter egg hunts too. I will be taking my children this year. I think I will buy some eggs and have my kids decorate them.