Earthquake!

caligirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I also live in Cali and I haven't heard about the earthquake. I am glad that youa re all right. and no one has gotten hurt.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

noni

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, Liza...

How often do they occur, Michele?
Frequently.

Here is the current seismicity map for my general area....http://earthquake.usgs.gov/recenteqs...-120.-110.html

All those little squares are earthquakes, none more than 1 week old (yellow). This one was odd because I felt it, rather than not. And that was what bothered me. When I don't feel them, I don't know they've happened, so I don't care much.

Kathryn, I agree, lots of little quakes is a whole darned sight better than one big one. However, the only difficulty with your theory is...sometimes the plates which move actually place more pressure on a larger plate, and build the pressure up on that one. For example, the San Andreas fault (which is about 5 miles away from me) has been frozen since the 1971 slip, and we are due for a large quake sometime in the next 12ish years.

Only thing I can do is keep my GOD kit ready (Get Outta Dodge), and make sure I've got carriers ready for all five...as well as my readiness to include food, water and medication for at least 72 hours, and includes my father and his roommate's needs, as well.

It really wasn't so bad...I just hate them, and am on edge for hours (or days, depending upon the size) afterwards, waiting to see if it was a precursor shake or the "main event."

Best-
Michele

mrsd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stay as safe as you can.
I'm sorry you have to experience those.

Peace,
mrsd

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you are all okay down there.

We're here in CA too and been through a few 6.0+ in the last year and 1/2.

Noni- what part of So. Cal are you in?