Earthquaaaake!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope you are okay. The biggest earthquake I have been in here in earthquake central, with major destruction to our infrastructure, was 6.9. 7.4 is very much bigger.

The aftershocks are more frightening, I think, because you know they will be coming.

My for you and yours and the kitties.

P.S. Oh, I have been to Teawamuto, Auckland, Rotarua, and Lake Taupo. Love NZ.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We are still experiencing aftershocks....gosh, they are awful! I hate the feeling when they start and you never know if they are going to get bigger or not.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Whereabouts in Christchurch?
I'm not sure. I had his address at one time, because I subscribed to an American magazine for him.

He is a paraplegic (motorcycle accident) and his personality would have to be called "prickly."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Things are slowly getting back to normal. I find it amazing that the road is already being repaired here. Us kiwis are a resilient bunch.

We have been getting aftershock after aftershock. (that doesn't sound right) but otherwise, we have been good. You can see all the aftershocks we have had here: http://www.geonet.org.nz/earthquake/...nt_quakes.html We are SO over them!!!!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have had word from my friend in Christchurch. He says he's fine, all things considered.

He also pointed out that this earthquake was the same size as Haiti's, and his biggest hardship was being without electricity for 3 hours.