Earthborn Holistic

hobo08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Gave Hobo a 3 oz can of the Monterey Medley and he inhaled it! Hope this means we are on the track to going all wet. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hobo08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tonight he had the purple can of Earthborn. Maybe it won't be so hard switching him to wet after all. I still have probably seven pounds or more of dry to feed though.

hobo08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You can donate that dry food to a shelter - I'm sure there's one that could use it!
WTG Hobo!!! How's he doing today?
That is a good idea! He gobbled another 3 oz can of another formula of Earthborn. :) I am going to the pet store on Wed to get some different brands and flavors. I also want to get a case of Evo, but have to wait until my scedule fits in to get it at the vet clinic. I am not sure if they carry the 95% formulas or just the regular Evo one.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The vet sells EVO? Wow - our vets only sell prescription foods. I don't know what pet stores are where you live, but if there are non-chain store pet shops, they very often have better prices than the chain stores (because they HAVE to in order to compete), and often will order what you want (once you know what you want to use). :)

When I made the switch to canned, it took some work on my part to work them up to healthier foods - like the Before Grain, Instinct, and EVO. :nod: They LOVED the Wellness grain free foods, so I used those as a base, and mixed them in with the more "Just meat" canned foods, but at a smaller and smaller percentage, until they were good with the foods I wanted them to eat.

hobo08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The vet sells EVO? Wow - our vets only sell prescription foods. I don't know what pet stores are where you live, but if there are non-chain store pet shops, they very often have better prices than the chain stores (because they HAVE to in order to compete), and often will order what you want (once you know what you want to use).

When I made the switch to canned, it took some work on my part to work them up to healthier foods - like the Before Grain, Instinct, and EVO.
They LOVED the Wellness grain free foods, so I used those as a base, and mixed them in with the more "Just meat" canned foods, but at a smaller and smaller percentage, until they were good with the foods I wanted them to eat.
Yep I love that they sell it! They sell Innova, Natural Balance, and I think Before Grain. It is not my vet, but would be my choice if I didn't work in a different clinic. It is nice to see a clinic that seems to know about nutrition. There is only one store I can think of that has any of the "better" foods. I may have to stop in there if Thesiens doesn't have all that I want. I am so excited that I am finally getting my cat onto canned.

Have you ever fed Tiki? I gave him a few cans of that a few months back when I had been trying to switch him off dry and he really didn't seem to like it.