Early presents anyone?

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rob and I gave each other the guns early. I gave him a Mossburg 500 tactical 12ga shotgun, and he bought me a Springfield XD subcompact 9mm.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With all the snow we have gotten today over a foot and still coming down. I have beem complaining about my old boots.Hubby came out this afternoon with a wrapped pressie and said you may as well open this one today.. My new UGG Boots! yah

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
My in-laws always come down earlier in December to do our Christmas, as MIL usually has to work on Christmas, and they live 3 hours away. They were here last Sunday, and we open our gifts then. I got those neat QVC flameless candle wall sconces I asked for (for my foyer), some cash (stashed away for an emergency, of course--I'm so cheap--don't tell her that I usually save any $$$ they give me for the household emergency fund!). I also asked for, and got lots of Red Zinger tea and Lady Grey tea, and those net bath pouf things, and I honestly can't remember what else, which I know sounds callous, but that was the day that we had to rush Willi to the emergency vet; then, the next day, DH got very sick, then I got very sick, so many of the gifts were packed into a big box. That day is a bit of a blur! I only felt well enough tonight to clean the living room, and I'll go through the box tomorrow.

DH and I buy stuff online (esp. eBay) for each other, so we basically know what we are getting. I just got done buying, for myself, some very nice jewelry, and some of it arrived yesterday: a stunning sterling, amber, turquoise and pearl necklace/earring set; a jade and silver bangle, a sterling, ruby and large pearl necklace and earring set ; I'm still awaiting the few other things (it all sounds extravagant, until you realize most things were 40% off, with free shipping! The whole lot cost a lot less than $100, due to the sales). He also bought me some linen fabric, silk ribbon, and other 18th C. reenacting fabrics.

We originally were not going to buy anything, or very, very little, as we thought he may be laid off, but things are looking up in his job, so we decided to spend a bit (but less than usual).

I bought him 2 types of wool fabric for his reenacting uniform, a pattern for breeches, and some other little things.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The furkids might get their presents early only if they're on the nice list.
we always do one gift on Christmas eve.