Early Christmas Question...

louse76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was thinking dollar store, but it looks like I'm not the first to do so. Being that young, they're really not going to mind or realize where it came from!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cassie- we have 14 grandchildren- Christmas would be a killer if we stayed to everyone's wish list and sent them all the stuff they want.

Instead, we opt for Highlights for Children. I grew up with that magazine, and it fits for all ages. I know she is a bit young for it now, but as she grows you might want to keep it in mind. It is inexpensive, imaginative and full of learning.

I also wouldn't go overboard just because you want her to have a lot of presents. She is so young, you could buy a gift pack of toys at a dollar store, and break it open and package each one individually. Throw in some glitter and sparkles to make her laugh when she opens up the box and the fun stuff spills out. Her mom might not be that thrilled, but kids love it! Buy a cheap package of greeting cards geared for children, cut out the characters on the cards, get some sturdy construction paper and some of the sticky tack you use in the office and she could have her own set of paper dolls. Those are just some of the stuff that comes to mind.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cassandra_starr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Man.

I loooved Highlights. It was always a blast and my mother loved to write children's stories so she read those to me when I was little, and I kept up with them till around age 14 or so I think.

I also played with paper dolls a *LOT*. I would crawl under my grandmothers big table and pretend that it was my own little paper doll world under there. The center was the town and under each chair was someone's house or the grocery store or movie theaters. I would spend HOURS down there. LOL!

Thanks for the ideas MA. Sierra has such a great imagination. She's gonna have a blast!

cassandra_starr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks MA!

I don't have a printer here at home, so last night my boyfriend and I went to his job (He "officially gets laid off Nov 21st *sigh*) and printed out a WHOLE bunch of those letters and animals.

I used a three prong hole puncher and some ribbon, glitter, glue, sparkles, stickers, etc and made a really nice coloring book for her for Christmas.

Janeris has her birthday on Nov 28th and I'm gonna be in Tx with family. My mother gets married on that day. Since I'm broke I'm having her over some time this week and I'm gonna cook a big home cooked meal and we'll probably share a bottle of wine.

Then we're watching movies. I can't buy her a gift but Craig and I can pamper her for a night!

Between all of you guys' ideas and my mom I think I'm gonna be able to give/make Sierra a lot of little presents to open this Christmas!!!

It'll be fun for her, and I know I'm gonna have a blast putting together and making cute little presents for her!!! I'm so excited now.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry I'm chiming in on this so late, but you have gotten such excellent advice here already I don't have much to add. I just want to say what an angel you are for trying so hard to make such a wonderful Christmas for this little girl! She is truley blessed to have you for her Godmother!

coco maui

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was about her age I got a GREAT present from my grandparents that I still treasure today. They gave me a book that was beautifully illustrated and told a story of a little girl whose wishes all came true. I kept the book at my grandparents house and when I went to visit them we would read it aloud to eachother. Maybe a special present like that would not be very expensive but would mean alot to her as she grows up and learns to read it to you.

Good luck! I love the coloring book idea. There are ALOT of clip art and stencil websites out there that you could use to make a whole pack of coloring books for her.
Have you ever heard of "crazy Crayons" that Martha Stewart makes on her show? Those are really cute, you could make some and wrap them up to go along with the coloring books. Here is the link to how to make them:
http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jh...ent&id=tvs7277

cassandra_starr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooo! Those crayons would be GREAT!!! I'm making play dough for her too. I'm also giving the recipe to her mom so they can do it together when she gets a little older.

Coco, I think that book idea is really really good. I might make her a book too. We wrote books in 2nd grade and then made them. It was really simple. We used cardboard as the 'hardcover' of the book, and then we got contact paper or left over wall paper to cover the cardboard. Then we put plastic rings (or my teacher did actually) in the middle to hold the pages. It was kinda like a fancy home made binder with our 2nd grade stories. I could make one of those for Sierra. She loves books and she absolutely LOVES to be read to.

Debby, Thank you. Although I think I'm blessed to have her and her mother in my life. They're wonderful people, and I absolutely love having the 2 year old around. She's so precious.