Earl's grandmother just passed away

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She was 92 years old and has been in deteriorating heath for years now. Still, even knowing that it's coming doesn't make it any easier on the family.

Earl was very close to his grandmother, and it's affecting him greatly.

I know how comforting and how well TCS vibes work, from too darn many personal experiences. Could I get some vibes for comfort for Earl and his family? And also some vibes that we can actually work out a way to get back to Illinois for the funeral. Thank you.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear she's gone now. Sending lots of strength to the both of you. I know Earl will handle it though he may have doubts.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh gosh...Earl just talked with his father who said the service may be as early as Tuesday or Wednesday.
Of course, his father also assumes we'll drive, which is either a heck of a long day (16 hours) or 2 full days. I can't be gone on Monday - I have deadlines. I don't know how we're going to do this and I know how much it means to Earl to be there.
With the surgery having just happened 3 weeks ago, I just got back to work full time last week, and then had to take a sick day on Wednesday on top of it. I certainly can't ask for another whole week off, no matter how understanding they are!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear this.
Many thoughts and vibes for you and Earl. I really hope that they can postpone the services a day or two - it's so important for people to be able to be there; hopefully they will be able to accommodate.

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your family's loss. It's always such a hard thing to deal with...wishing you and your DH the best...

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry... I know it's heartbreaking to lose a loved one no matter how long a life she's had. My heart is with your family...

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry Heidi. It's so hard to lose a loved one. I hope Earl can find a way to be at her funeral.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I hope theres a way you can both make it!! Im so sorry for the loss of his grandmother! I cant even begin to imagine! I have only lost one grand parent and he lived 20 years longer than they thought he would.

I dont suppose its possible to just send Earl down, and maybe you could stay behind?? Or maybe they would just put it off for a couple days for everyone to get their affairs in order??

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Oh gosh...Earl just talked with his father who said the service may be as early as Tuesday or Wednesday.
Of course, his father also assumes we'll drive, which is either a heck of a long day (16 hours) or 2 full days. I can't be gone on Monday - I have deadlines. I don't know how we're going to do this and I know how much it means to Earl to be there.
With the surgery having just happened 3 weeks ago, I just got back to work full time last week, and then had to take a sick day on Wednesday on top of it. I certainly can't ask for another whole week off, no matter how understanding they are!
I am very sorry for your loss. The women of that generation were tough..both my grandmothers died in their middle 90's and were not even 10 years older than Earl's grandmother.

I feel for you - when one of my husband's brothers died unexpectedly in January, there was no way we could both go...he flew back on Friday, was back to work on Monday (and WA to NJ is not a short flight).

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only good thing about knowing its coming is knowing that it is coming, you do tend to expect it somewhat rather than it being a total surprise like a car crash......still doesn't make it a lot easier though. Lots of thoughts and prayers for you both (I know how Earl feels, I lost my last grandparent in August of last year, he was 99), comforting vibes and prayers for all concerned, and loads of prayers that something can be worked out toward getting back to the funeral!