Ear wound not healing so well

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, she looks so cute with her little ears!  She looks like a new pedigree type now.  I'm so happy for you and her.   

You could try her on Crab Apple Bach Flower Remedy for animals.  Crab apple is for help with, "obsessive cleanliness, fastidiousness, excessive grooming, and pets with rashes" and the hoped for results are a more relaxed cat that can accept its imperfections and feel ok in itself.  And, Walnut Bach Flower Remedy for animal which helps cats adjust to a new situation when things have suddenly changed.  They are available on Amazon and eBay, or through an online search.  In the UK, I can buy them for around $5.70 US each.  They work surprisingly well for animals and might be worth a shot, they can't harm her in any way.  They will either do nothing or they will do exactly what they're meant to do.

You could also try her with an Elizabethan collar for a short while until she breaks the habit of chewing on her leg and toes.  It's like any habit, they're so easy to sneak up and so difficult to stop. 

Thanks for the update and photos.  It means a lot to me to see her progress and know how you're all doing.  

And I love your new avatar  

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenj23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok its official! I am such a wally....my reply from timbuktwo did not send and here I am wondering why nobody replied!!
 Complete and utter idiot me. Sorry folks. Our little Leila is doing well. We found that wrapping up her foot in bandage helped stop the biting. Iv made her socks now too that I put on at night. Seems like we are winning that war very slowly but surely. Im learning to trust her more now outside in the garden during day. Night time I keep her in her room as im afraid she cant hear any dangers. Check up at vet again this week. Her ears have healed well although the vet is concerned with one little edge taking its time. Time will tell I guess. Ill post some pics too. Hope everybody and their furry butts are all well and happy. :)

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the update.  

Little Leila's socks sound sweet.  I remember years ago that we had to put socks on all four paws of our dog to take her up the road to the forest for walks.  This was because the salt from transporting farmed fish in large trucks, gritter salt trucks, and concrete trucks from a major road repair, leaked on the road outside our house, as they all hurtled towards the ferry at the bottom of the road.  Over the years, her feet started to rot due to this and the only thing for it was socks. She was a large Old English Sheep dog and there was no way we could carry her the 15 min walk to the forest.  Anyway, people laughed, but people do.  I was a teenager and felt embarrassed but dogs need walking, so what can you do, hey.  

Once Leila's ears are healed, I recommend putting sunscreen on them when she goes outside. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenj23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I love your story about your sheep dog! We improvise best we can. Lol to being embarrassed. I would have been chuffed. Then again now days its acceptable for animals to wear more human like things vs older days. Little Leila in for check up on Friday for her ears. Hope it goes ok. I keep looking at it like a lunatic.