ear mites?

elvis_boo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I recently got a new kitten, a few weeks ago. she is about 3 months old now. I got her from a friend who had found her stray. When we took her to the vet they said she would be fine and we got her shots and whatnot. But recently I have found that she has earmites, so we bought her earmite medicine. but not she has little black things on the tips and edges of her ears. they look the same as the runny things coming out of her nose. I am concerned. Do you think it is just allergies that i could buy a medicine for at the pet store or should i take her to the vet immediately?

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Black runny things coming from her nose? I hope the earmite meds came from the vet? If you bought something from the pet store to treat earmites,she may have an infection. Did the vet treat her for fleas? If there is something dark coming from her nose,it could be blood and I'd be taking her to the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

elvis_boo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yeah i think i will be taking her to the vet tuesday to get her some new earmite medicine.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Elvis_boo

yeah i think i will be taking her to the vet tuesday to get her some new earmite medicine.
If she has black stuff running out of her nose, I'd be taking her to the vet before Tuesday. If you gave her over-the-counter ear mite medication, this may have caused some serious problem. Please try to get her to the vet before Tuesday.