Ear infection and blood clots in mouth

Yoojo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! My cat suddenly started feeling unwell. We thought it might be because of his ears, for there's a black, solid discharge in them, sometimes the discharge is oily, and his ears smell terrible. We tried contacting the vet, but due to certain reasons, he wasn't able to see him (and by certain reasons, I meant that the vet refused to see him because "his working hours are over for the day"). He just said that we need to get him eardrops for the infection. I wanted to take him to other vets, but I don't know any good ones in the area. I did some research and everything points out to ear mites. I asked other fellow cat parents whose cats suffered from ear mites for medicine prescribed to them by their vets, but was unable to get it, for all the pharmacies near me closed due to the cold weather. And a few hours ago, we tried feeding him (he's barely eating or walking), only to find blood clots in his mouth. I researched all the possible causes for this, but none of them seemed to apply to him. Could it be linked to his ears infection? What should I do?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. I am sorry that you are having this problem with your cat. Ear mites, if that is what is affecting your cat's ears, and blood clots in the mouth have no connection. Even if you mean that you are seeing blood in the cat's mouth, as opposed to actual clots, he needs to see a vet. My guess is that you have two concurrent and unrelated problems. Not eating and not walking are serious and cannot be left for very long before things get worse. You describe the ears as having a discharge as well, which may be more than ear mites. Please try to find some veterinary care for him as soon as possible.