Ear health?

maliha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitten came with fleas and lice, I was able to get rid of them by bathing and grooming her but the ears remained black despite cleaning them asmuch as possible. Lately she shakes her head too often and her ear discharge suddenly increased in one ear.
I read online that putting olive oil in the ears and then cleaning it can help. I did that but that just increased its annoyance and I feel like she doesnt feel well. Im worried.. what do I do?

She has black powdery discharge in her ears

Last edited by a moderator:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has she been seen by a vet?  I'm wondering if there is something further in her ear that you can't see.  Flea dust looks like black specks; I'm not sure that is what you could be seeing.  

molly2005

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi

I had a simliar issue with my cats ears. They were very dirty and had a funny discharge coming out of them. I came across a really good natutral aloe vera spray that I used on her which cleaned her ears brilliantly and she didnt even mind me doing it! I now also use the spray on her fur as it leaves it looking and feeling really soft and shiny and also smells lovely!

Will be happy to send a link to the website I purchased it from if you want to give it a try!