Dumping Season Has Begun..

Kacy A

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Its "my cat got pregnant so I'm going to dump her" season around here again. For the last 4 years that I've lived in my house out here in the country I've had anywhere from 1-3 pregnant cats dumped each year. Each time, we bring them in, spoil them. Make sure the kittens and mom are happy and healthy and give them love. When it's time, the kittens find great forever homes, mom gets spayed, and sometimes goes to a new home. We've kept 2 of the mommas. Anyway... here it's not even the end of March and we've got another. Very beautiful siamese mix of some sort. Loving and a little timid at the same time. She came to us about 2 weeks ago or so. I'm not sure how far along she is but I'm assuming she doesn't have much time left. She's not very big in comparison to other mommas we have had, so I don't think she will have more than maybe 3 kittens. She's been licking herself a bit the last couple days, but still eating fine. She has had a few loose stools though. She seems to have a little discharge but it's hard to tell. She doesnt like her belly touched much at all. She loves attention but only on her terms lol. My kids have named her Nala. I'm working on uploading some pictures now. Feel free to guess the day she'll have them. I'm off work for 10 days for spring break so I'll be able to be with her the majority of the time!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kacy A

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is very beautiful! Sorry I'm not sure what it won't let me put more than one picture in the same post!
Beautiful mama kitty! Big tummy too! :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, yeah, she’s round! It looks like the kittens may have dropped further back in the picture. She’s got beautiful markings!

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is a beautiful girl! Im so glad you take care of these cats! your awesome!

I dont know why people dump cats, or any animal, some people just suck i guess. They do it around here too. :(

Kacy A

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Her belly shape has definitely changed. I'm not an expert but I think it could be any day now!

Oh, yeah, she’s round! It looks like the kittens may have dropped further back in the picture. She’s got beautiful markings!

Kacy A

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I see it happen a lot when people live in the country. Growing up we had a ton of animals dumped at my grandparents country house. Dogs, cats, even domesticated rabbits. It is very sad and you're right. Some people do suck!! I can't wait to see what these kittens look like though. I've never had a siamese mix before.

She is a beautiful girl! Im so glad you take care of these cats! your awesome!

I dont know why people dump cats, or any animal, some people just suck i guess. They do it around here too. :(

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I see it happen a lot when people live in the country. Growing up we had a ton of animals dumped at my grandparents country house. Dogs, cats, even domesticated rabbits. It is very sad and you're right. Some people do suck!! I can't wait to see what these kittens look like though. I've never had a siamese mix before.
She is a beautiful mom, should be some pretty kittens too. But then i think all cats are pretty :)

Kacy A

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is a beautiful mom, should be some pretty kittens too. But then i think all cats are pretty :)
Haha me to! Which is why I have a hard time letting them go when time!

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha me to! Which is why I have a hard time letting them go when time!
I know, right :) that's why i try to re home any i rescue, as soon as i catch them, before they even come out of the cage if possible. i have brought 5 home, for this reason or that, thinking once they were in better health i would re home them..... only 2 went to new homes :) and one of those was my son.

Kacy A

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No kittens yet. She does have milk though. So anytime!

vyger

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When I read through the Montana animal abuse laws I found that it is specifically against the law to dump animals along any road. But it doesn't stop it from happening. People either don't know or don't care. I would love to see a video of someone caught while doing it though.

Kacy A

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah it's illegal here in Illinois to. It still happens every year though like you said. And most of the time they show up in the morning so they were probably dropped off in the dark. here she is today.. poor thing cant get comfortable and keeps trying to sit like this but shes to fat.

When I read through the Montana animal abuse laws I found that it is specifically against the law to dump animals along any road. But it doesn't stop it from happening. People either don't know or don't care. I would love to see a video of someone caught while doing it though.

vyger

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I also live outside town in the rurals and I also have picked up dumped cats. Some kittens and some expecting moms. But it has been a few years since the last one showed up so it is possible that the free spay and neuter clinics that they do several times a year are actually having a positive effect.

Kacy A

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah I hope that's the case here. I also spray these mommas so I'm trying to make a difference as well.
I also live outside town in the rurals and I also have picked up dumped cats. Some kittens and some expecting moms. But it has been a few years since the last one showed up so it is possible that the free spay and neuter clinics that they do several times a year are actually having a positive effect.

auntie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm surprised she's pregnant...looks like she has a clipped ear like a spayed feral.
Good luck, she's beautiful