Duh Moments

milopixie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had such a duh moment a little while ago. I was talking to one of my co-worker's, who is Asian, and I noticed his eyes looked really blue. So I asked him if that was his real eye color (knowing logically it wasn't) or if they were contacts. He then tells me that of course it's his real eye color and I was like 'really?'. He just started laughing at me and said "Duh, they're contacts. Did you really believe me?". It was one of those classic moments when I said something dumb or believed something that obviously wasn't true. It was funny, but I still felt pretty stupid!

Anyone else have any moments like that to share?

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Since I got pregnant, everyday of my life!
The other day, I stopped at the country store to get a drink and gas in my truck. I pull up to the pump, and theres a sign on it that says pay first, so I get out of the truck to go pay, and the lady inside waves me on, because I am a regular customer. I open my gas tank, and pull the nozzle out, and theres a paper bag on it...I still was going to try to pump gas, and the lady comes over the speaker to tell me they are out of 93 octane gas....DUH. The paper bag should have been the first clue right?
Then I drive up to the doors to get my drink, and she tells me that I left my gas tank open completely. I dont think I could have been anymore embarrassed. This is my brain on pregnancy....

purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My house-mate does things on purpose to get my reaction because he thinks they're "cute." It's not that I believe him most of the time, it's just that I can't believe he would believe what he says! So my reaction is always like "WHAT?! REALLY?!"

One time several years ago, he got me good though. I was holding a lady bug on my finger saying how cute it was and I showed him and he said something like, "I've never seen a lady bug with fangs like that before," and I SCREAMED and shook it off my hand and he nearly died laughing.
I immediately realized how "duh" that was, then I felt bad because I totally traumatized that poor lady bug.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Purr

My house-mate does things on purpose to get my reaction because he thinks they're "cute." It's not that I believe him most of the time, it's just that I can't believe he would believe what he says! So my reaction is always like "WHAT?! REALLY?!"

One time several years ago, he got me good though. I was holding a lady bug on my finger saying how cute it was and I showed him and he said something like, "I've never seen a lady bug with fangs like that before," and I SCREAMED and shook it off my hand and he nearly died laughing.
I immediately realized how "duh" that was, then I felt bad because I totally traumatized that poor lady bug.

evnshawn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Purr

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, plenty - coming from the most gullible person alive.

My ex-husband told me once that the government of China had sold the Great Wall of China to the US for one billion dollars for Coke advertising. I was furious - ie, I actually believed him. He also told me that in the soccer World Cup, if nobody has scored by half time they are allowed to use their hands in the second half. And once he blu-tacked a dead dragonfly to the wall of our lounge room and told me it was hibernating, and it took three weeks before he had to tell me it wasn't true because the poor thing's head had fallen off! Lordy, I'll believe anything....lol

My office junior asked me a great question last week - `So, Sarah, how much do them one dollar stamps cost??'.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These are great!

I'm not too bad with things like this....I don't think....

Anyway, my best friend is classic!
We were out at the local shop with the guy she was seeing and my friend noticed the small cans of Guinness, pointing them out. Her guy told her that it was just the head of the Guinness. My friend was so pleased and continued to explain that she only liked the head!
I had to explain that there was head in both cans, but the small one was just less!

She's great!

slitty_kittay

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got a good one... My grandmother has high cholesterol levels and she can't understand why. I was trying to explain to her that her diet left a bit to be desired, and I gave her and example by saying that for starters she probably ate too many eggs...

Her reply... "I don't eat eggs! I put them in cakes!"

btw - Purr, your story was priceless...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

milopixie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

Oh yeah, plenty - coming from the most gullible person alive.

My ex-husband told me once that the government of China had sold the Great Wall of China to the US for one billion dollars for Coke advertising. I was furious - ie, I actually believed him. He also told me that in the soccer World Cup, if nobody has scored by half time they are allowed to use their hands in the second half. And once he blu-tacked a dead dragonfly to the wall of our lounge room and told me it was hibernating, and it took three weeks before he had to tell me it wasn't true because the poor thing's head had fallen off! Lordy, I'll believe anything....lol

My office junior asked me a great question last week - `So, Sarah, how much do them one dollar stamps cost??'.

Your ex-husband sounds like my boyfriend. Keith is always telling me stuff that I know can't be true, but for some reason I'll believe him anyway! He was telling me something about my car making a noise one day and that it needed some sort of part. He sounded so convincing, that I believed him even though I know he knows nothing at all about cars and is actually banned by his friends from even looking under the hood of one!!

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These made me laugh out loud this morning!
Purr, you gotta watch out for those killer ladybugs, they're the worst!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by milopixie

I had such a duh moment a little while ago. I was talking to one of my co-worker's, who is Asian, and I noticed his eyes looked really blue. So I asked him if that was his real eye color (knowing logically it wasn't) or if they were contacts. He then tells me that of course it's his real eye color and I was like 'really?'. He just started laughing at me and said "Duh, they're contacts. Did you really believe me?".
with all the racial mixing we have, they could've really been blue. there's a black guy on CSI who has light green eyes - and Vanessa Williams has hazel ones! unless they are a really bright blue, & you can tell he's full asian, i wouldn't think that's such a !duh! moment.