Due now...I think?!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

irusuk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She came back within 30 mins. Fed them and tried to go straight back out. Keeping doors closed hard with such hot weather just praying she hasn't been near a tom cat.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hopefully you got lucky this time! Do you have a room she and the kittens can stay in with a door to close and a window to open just an inch?

irusuk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All doing really well. Iris not too happy when they try and wander around. Started to play fight, allowing the children to stroke and pet them for a few minutes each day which they love. Lots of vocals and purring. Getting big.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So cute! They look like little bear cubs! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

irusuk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
At what point should I be worming kittens? Thanks x

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If they are not having problems, they normally are wormed at 8 weeks when they go in for their first vaccinations. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

irusuk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So as a newbie with kittens please can I ask some questions and sorry if they seem daft! First what age should I introduce wet kitten food? There is a little bowl of water already. Litter tray? Mum still cleaning them at every feed. Thankyou

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
At 4 weeks some kittens are ready to lap mushy wet food, which is pate-style wet food mixed with kitten milk. Sometimes you need to sit with the kittens and offer it on a finger, then show them the plate.

Other kittens will approach the food on their own as mom eats. Feed her in their area. Still others are not ready to eat mushy solids for 5-6 weeks.

Once they begin solids you can start putting them in the litter box before and after meals.

They tend not to go for the water right away as they get enough liquid now from mom and eventually the mush.

There should also be dry kitten chow available for mom and kittens 24/7. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

irusuk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks x

irusuk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
5 weeks old today all growing quickly, eating using litter tray. She's a fab mum.

irusuk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No booked in for beginning of September. Vet wanted to wait until they weaned, says it will be better recovery for mum, and she may not feel like nursing them? Based on their weights/check ups he said they should be fine. So all going well and to plan. I will have their jabs done same time. Does that sound like good advice? He's a really good vet, so I didn't question his advice.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No booked in for beginning of September. Vet wanted to wait until they weaned, says it will be better recovery for mum, and she may not feel like nursing them? Based on their weights/check ups he said they should be fine. So all going well and to plan. I will have their jabs done same time. Does that sound like good advice? He's a really good vet, so I didn't question his advice.
I think that's fine as long as mom is staying inside! 8 weeks after delivery is normal.