Due Any Time Now/how To Feed Kittens

Pea-Boo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Everyone!

so we took in a stray and it turns out to our surprise she was pregnant. On March 11th, our vet took some x-rays and saw 2 or 3 kittens. I would imagine at this point that she is due any day now. On Saturday she lost some of her mucus plug (she got up and it was hanging there).
On Sunday she slept for most of the day. She would get up to eat a bit and then lie back down to sleep. Last night she was a little restless walking around the house but then made herself comfy in her favorite chair and slept the rest of the night. This morning she took a few nibbles of food but has been sleeping for most of the day. I haven't noticed any milk leaking from her nipples at all. Any ideas when we might expect these kittens to arrive based on your past experience?

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Any day now" sounds about right! You will just have to wait and see.

Don't expect to see milk leaking from nipples. Usually, the kittens have to actively suckle to get the milk to flow.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pea-Boo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
"Any day now" sounds about right! You will just have to wait and see.

Don't expect to see milk leaking from nipples. Usually, the kittens have to actively suckle to get the milk to flow.
Thanks! My husband insisted that we should be able to see some milk :)

Pea-Boo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I meant “normal”?

Pea-Boo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So she had delivered 1 kitten so far. The placenta is still inside. Do we wait for her to deliver it or cut the cord ourselves?

Pea-Boo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It’s been about 20 minutes. Still no sign of the placenta and kitten is still attached to the cord

Pea-Boo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is doing good. She finally delivered the placenta and chewed the cord. They are both resting together right now. She has a contraction here and there but no other kittens yet. Based on Xrays, we know there should be at least 1 or 2 more

Pea-Boo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We had 2 more kitties on Saturday. All are doing great and Peanut is being such a great mama!

Pea-Boo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
it will probably happen very soon!

Pea-Boo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Everyone, our kittens are almost a month old now and i am just wondering at what point do you start to introduce some wet (or dry kibble) to kittens? Also, when is the best time to start introducing the litter box to them? TIA!