Due And Temperature Fluctuating

BEANSbabies

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys! My is past due and then past 2 nights her temp went into the 98s and then back up well actually only last night and then tonight its down again last time i checked was 2 hours ago and it was at 99.2°

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I wouldnt measure her temp, not if its bothering and stressing her. They will come when they do come anyways. :)

A less invasive method then the usual into the butt is to use such a modern ear thermometer. (properly calibrated for cats). Or simply in the armpit of the foreleg. You can pretend its a merry game you play.
The temp in the armpit is 3F or a 1Celsius degree lower, but its fairly accurate.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
A cat’s body temperature usually drops below 100 Fahrenheit around two days before delivery, so she should be close! As StefanZ said, though, you don’t necessarily need to keep checking her temperature. There are other signs you can look for as she approaches delivery. Have you noticed any milk production or contractions yet?

This article has some more helpful info: How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?