Duck and cover CoolCat!

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wasn't going to get on today, have other stuff to do, but with my morning dose of weather I became a bit concerned about Rigel (CoolCat). At the moment, it looks like Emily is headed straight for Yucatan, and also at the moment expected to make landfall around Cancun on Monday morning. This is subject to change, it doesn't take much to move these things one way or the other. I looked it up, and MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]rida is straight across the peninsula from Cancun. Ordinarily a path over land takes some of the punch out of a hurricane, but the Yucatan really isn't all that big and right now Emily is packing 145mph sustained winds.

Hopefully Rigel, you won't have to deal with this, but right now that doesn't look likely.

This hurricane season has already set several records
, and it's only the middle of July! (Hurricane season runs through the end of November.)

Cindy

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Stay safe Rigel! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

emma's friend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I noticed the same thing last night and immediately thought of Rigel, too. I wonder how many bad storms they have to deal with in that part of Mexico. . .

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rigel, you know our thoughts and prayers are with you and all those there that Emily causes very little destruction and that you are all safe.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Emma's Friend

I noticed the same thing last night and immediately thought of Rigel, too. I wonder how many bad storms they have to deal with in that part of Mexico. . .
It seems like one or two every year hits Yucatan, prior to this though I wasn't concerned with them as I didn't know anyone who lived there!

From the last reconaissance report:

Maximum Flight Level Winds Were 148KT (170.2mph 274.1km/h) In NE Quadrant At 11:49:50 Z
Estimated Max Surface Winds 133.2KT (153.2mph 246.7km/h) *
153mph
Not good. Hopefully this thing will go over some cooler water and lose strength, they do quite frequently. That's what happened with Dennis I believe.

Cindy

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rigel, sending stay safe vibes to you all.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Batten down the hatches, Rigel! Lots of good "minimal damage" vibes on the way!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Batten down the hatches, Rigel! Lots of good "minimal damage" vibes on the way!
Rigel! That thing looks like it's coming too close to MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]rida for comfort ...

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please stay safe, Rigel and Gema and Milky!!! Here's hoping Emily decides to change course, and misses you.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rigel - adding my good vibes to those already expressed here. Hopefully all our good wishes will bear fruit and Emily will drop to a whisper.

Please stay safe Rigel, Gema and Milky

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just heard on the weather channel that the hurricane is going to make landfall in the Yucatan tomorrow evening

Keeping the stay safe vibes coming!!