DT for Thurs 3/7

vikki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Since this thread brought up the recent bombings in Israel, I thought I would post this article I saw today...crazy. I have seen dogs that are afraid of storms so I can only imagine what the bombings are doing to them:

Rush on Valium for Dogs with Panic Attacks

March 07, 2002 08:47 AM ET

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israeli vets are giving valium to dozens of dogs suffering from panic attacks as escalating Israeli-Palestinian violence brings the sounds and stresses of war closer to Jerusalem.

Dogs start howling, become overly aggressive, shake uncontrollably or lose bladder control when the rattle of gunfire in the West Bank reverberates into apartment buildings, veterinarians said.

"Only today I treated an Alsatian who has stopped eating and refuses to leave his house," Benny Sapir, a Jerusalem veterinarian, said.

Another vet said he had not seen so many nervous dogs since Iraq rained Scud missiles on Tel Aviv during the 1991 Gulf War.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I read the other thread, and had to pop in here to check on you, Anne, since they said you had posted here, and we are all so worried about you!!!!

I am glad you are okay! I am sorry to hear about your sister, that is awful! But I am so glad you are okay!!! You are always in my prayers!!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great to see you Anne! Stay safe.