Dry Food Recommendations? (UTI problem)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

naia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you, Sharky. After Pooch gets better, we're taking them off Wellness Core and going with the maxcat. =)

Thanks, Momofmany. I will keep the Urikare in mind!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

naia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just a little update, Pooch is getting better. I ran into a friend today, who happens to work in a vet office. I told her about Pooch, and she reassured me on a lot of things. Pooch is 99% back to his old self. He meows for attention and for us to play with him. He jumps on my bed when I'm about to go to sleep because he wants to play hide and seek.

The first thing my friend pointed out was that we should be giving our cat filtered water, because all the minerals in tap water can cause UTI's. I've always given my cats Poland Spring water, so I'm good in that department.

Anyway, he is doing much better. He actually pees a decent amount now, even though he still goes every few minutes when he gets into a "peeing episode". He's not sitting there for minutes and minutes for just a droplet. It's like an in-and-out thing with the litter now. =)

Yay Pooch!!

kady05

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have two cats that have both had UTI's (one has had 2, the other has had 1). Switched them both to the Nutro Chicken and they've both been fine since. I'd prefer to feed them something of higher quality, but hey, it works, I'm not switching!