Dry food recommendation

silvercherry

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! Recently I've been looking into upgrading the dry food I give my cats but I've had trouble finding recommendations for brands available in Europe. So far I've seen the suggestion of Wild Freedom, which I did get for my cats and it went over great, but I would like to have some other options as well.

Some brands I've considered trying out are Applaws, Purizon and the cold pressed Feringa food. I would love any other suggestions that I can get!

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Applaws just had a recall in the UK very recently Pet food recalled after more than 150 cat deaths from rare disease

My cat has been on Acana Wild Prairie for over 2 years and did fine on it. She's having some liver issues and we had to change her food to a prescription food (Purina ProPlan Veterinary diets.) Impossible to know if her food played a role in her liver issues or not as we don't know the exact reason.

I will repeat what good vets where I live say, it's the best to rotate foods. If one isn't good (or is good but not working well for a specific cat), they won't be exposed to it for too long at least. Especially important if they only eat wet or only eat dry food in a day. They usually recommend one of the foods to be a well-tested brand like Royal Canin, Hill's, or Pro Plan.

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
silvercherry silvercherry
I would go with Feringa or Purizon. Thrive or Meowing Heads are also good.

At the moment the issue with Applaws dry and a few other brands (Ava and Sainsburys) seems to be concentrated at one particular plant but I would hold off on Applaws at the moment to be safe.