Dry Cracked Crusty Nose

mhiggs19952018

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello, this past weekend I noticed that my cat had a bit of a crusty nose and was sneezing, now today I looked at her nose and the front of her nose is dry and cracked and her nose just overall looks worse. has anyone seen this before? is she just peeling? or had an injury? should I take her to the vet?
20181107_092843.jpg
20181107_092846.jpg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. That almost looks like an injury; to me that's more than just crusty. Is she an indoor/outdoor cat? If so, she might have gotten into something outside. If it were me I'd take her to the vet. Whatever it is, it looks like it needs treated.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't seen anything like this but it does look painful. My thought, esp as you have noticed it getting worse, is better to have a vet take a look. Hope it is something easy to resolve.

:))

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! Were you able to figure out what it was? My cat recently developed the same scab as your cat on her nose.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Were you able to figure out what it was? My cat recently developed the same scab as your cat on her nose.
The OP hasn't been active since they first posted back in Nov. 2018, so you probably won't get a response/comments by posting to this thread.