drug for liver kidney semintra? vet calling me about it in 10 minutes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cocheezie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I successfully transitioned Cochise from Pepcid AC to Zantac and she has had very episodes of vomiting with the exception of a hairball or two. Talked to the vet over the phone, and he suggested we try the Semintra again. I gave her a half dose for two days. The vomiting is back. No more Semintra.

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I successfully transitioned Cochise from Pepcid AC to Zantac and she has had very episodes of vomiting with the exception of a hairball or two. Talked to the vet over the phone, and he suggested we try the Semintra again. I gave her a half dose for two days. The vomiting is back. No more Semintra.
Yeah on the Zantac! 

Boo on the Semintra! 

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What about trying a different blood pressure med (if hypertension is the problem)?

Pepcid doesn't tough my GERD, Zantac works best for me too.  It amazes me how a drug can work so well for one person but doesn't do squat for the next or the adverse effects can be so intolerable.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cocheezie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you.

Going to mention bp meds the next time I talk to the vet. She's continuing to do so well (for a tumour that was diagnosed nine months ago). She hunted and pounced on a mouse in the bushes last week. Made it squeak. Not bad for a dying 17-year-old cat that is declawed and only out when on a leash. This old woman has a bucket list.

The Semintra will definitely be going to the local shelter. Will talk to the head of the shelter and explain that it's a new drug and the problems I've had with it so she'll keep on eye on whatever foster it may be given to. All sick cats at this shelter are fostered out. And my vet is one of the go-to vets on call for the shelter.

cherry mann

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi my cat is on Semintra and it costs me £49.50 so quite expensive

cherry mann

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat has been on semintra for about three months now as does show a slight improvement but cant understand why semintra is so expensive i had to pay £49.50 any that lasts about 1 and a half months

markus1969

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there,

I'm new to this site.is just found out my cat has kidney disease.my vet prescribed simantra.she has been taking it for 5 days now.she seems more lively and seems to like to spend more time out of her carrier where she likes to hide and sleep.I've noticed that her stools are very soft like runny.she is also on lactolose for constipation. ..1 ml every 12 hours.should I adjust the dosage half.anyone experience these problems.