Drowning in cat urine!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by stroutman81

Also, which specific product are you guys recommending from the nok out website? They have so much on there. Are you talking about this stuff:

http://www.nokout.com/products/2-1%7...allon-Jug.html
Yup - that would be the stuff. Just ordered it last week. It comes in a great box that your cats will love to play in.......

tkaner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you ever noticed that the Nok-Out does leave an odor in some cases? I have a corner where the carpet does not fit tight against the wall and I have had to pull up that corner in the past to replace pad, tack strips, baseboards, etc... It is pretty nice now, but my new kitten did pee there again.

When I use the Nok-Out, I can still smell a chemical smell a little. rinsing it out with an extractor and clean water helped a lot.

Also, there si a lot of humidity here this time of year.

Finally, how long do you noprmally keep your cats away from a spot you just cleaned.

The Nok-Out is perfect in other situations.

kit e cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
lol, I used Cat Attract when I fostered a litter of older kittens that absolutely refused to use the box. They loved it. They slept in it. They peed in it. They pooped in it. And never on the floor again. But I guess a cat with pieces of litter stuck to their fur is better than cat pee on your floor
Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stroutman81

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just started letting them out of the room for bits and pieces of time. So far no pee. I suppose I'd be a lot more confident if the cats didn't use the litter boxes previously. But using the litter boxes wasn't an issue... the litter boxes were always used. Which is why I know it's behavioral and likely harder to break.

We'll see... fingers crossed!