Dropped Off Cats

lunaismybaby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone since you guys were so helpful with my situation with my new cat Toby I thought you guys might be able to help in this particular situation! Any advice is greatly appreciated! My uncle has a small horse farm and unfortunately people have dropped off their cats there. He already has barn cats that are fixed and everything so he doesn't want any more, he also doesn't want to take them to a shelter. There is 3 total, a orange male that seems pretty friendly, a grey male that seems friendly as well & a grey female that is not so friendly, very scared and shy. He thinks the grey male and female were dropped off together and are brother and sister. Any advice on what to do with them? We have asked around and no one really wants them plus they aren't spayed or neutered and I doubt they are up to date on shots.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hello everyone since you guys were so helpful with my situation with my new cat Toby I thought you guys might be able to help in this particular situation! Any advice is greatly appreciated! My uncle has a small horse farm and unfortunately people have dropped off their cats there. He already has barn cats that are fixed and everything so he doesn't want any more, he also doesn't want to take them to a shelter. There is 3 total, a orange male that seems pretty friendly, a grey male that seems friendly as well & a grey female that is not so friendly, very scared and shy. He thinks the grey male and female were dropped off together and are brother and sister. Any advice on what to do with them? We have asked around and no one really wants them plus they aren't spayed or neutered and I doubt they are up to date on shots.
Does he know anyone else who has a farm who may be looking for a barn cat? That's where I'd start. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunaismybaby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does he know anyone else who has a farm who may be looking for a barn cat? That's where I'd start. 
There are no farms that want them he has asked around :sigh:

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is there a rescue group in the area that might assist your uncle?  Sometimes an agreement can be made that the rescue group will come to trap, neuter and return and get shots and then your uncle could agree to keep them as barn cats.  I know he doesn't want any more.  

The other alternative is to take them to a no kill shelter, especially the friendly two.  The shelter would spay/neuter them and possible put them up for adoption.  

I hope he isn't allowing them to starve.  I do believe it is the unfortunate circumstances of living in the country.  I wish there could be security cameras allowed that would catch the unfortunates that abandon their animals and make them someone elses responsibility.

I hope your uncle can find a group to assist him.  Try county Humane Societies or ASPCA.  Also do a google search on cat rescue groups in his area.  Alley Cat Allies might be able to assist too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunaismybaby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is there a rescue group in the area that might assist your uncle?  Sometimes an agreement can be made that the rescue group will come to trap, neuter and return and get shots and then your uncle could agree to keep them as barn cats.  I know he doesn't want any more.  

The other alternative is to take them to a no kill shelter, especially the friendly two.  The shelter would spay/neuter them and possible put them up for adoption.  

I hope he isn't allowing them to starve.  I do believe it is the unfortunate circumstances of living in the country.  I wish there could be security cameras allowed that would catch the unfortunates that abandon their animals and make them someone elses responsibility.

I hope your uncle can find a group to assist him.  Try county Humane Societies or ASPCA.  Also do a google search on cat rescue groups in his area.  Alley Cat Allies might be able to assist too.
Thank you that was helpful I will look further into those things and hopefully there is something out there, he just doesn't want to put them into a shelter. & no worries he isn't letting them starve but he doesn't want to have to take care of them in the long run