Drool, Foamy mouth

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about this!

Just keep the head high...Leo had similar symptoms, vomitting, foaming, slightly high WBC...and it turned out to be one nasty strain of a flu virus and he recovered completely in about 10 days. And I think your Sage is up to working through these potential diseases for herself and her mommy!

Stay strong...I'm so sorry to hear about this

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very sorry to hear of your 2 sick babies. I am sending many healing thoughts and prayers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

charcoal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vet called.

They said she is eating today and she was cleaning herself yesterday. If all continues to go well I can bring her home tomorrow. Oskar still has to be there another night because he still needs fluids. I can't wait to bring her home!!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooh that's wonderful news!

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery for your babies!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did they say what it was? A virus?
I'm so happy that they're on the mend. It must be a huge relief!

charcoal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Did they say what it was? A virus?
I'm so happy that they're on the mend. It must be a huge relief!
They said they had kidney failure but they don't know why, she said they may never know.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are their kidneys totally recovered? If not, they may need some ongoing treatment in months to come. Anyway, I am glad they recovered and can come home with you. When this happened to my cat, he continued to go down even though he was at the vet's office all weekend with them taking care of him with fluids, etc. I am very happy for you and your precious cats.

charcoal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She said her bloodwork was back to normal but they kept her yesterday to make sure. She said they will teach us how to give them shots of fluids in case they get dehydrated and they have to go on a special diet. She also said that the remaining kidney parts would compensate for the non working parts.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like all is well then. I am so very glad your cats are on the mend. I know how relieved you must be. Having lost one myself to kidney failure, I know how devastating it would be to lose two cats at once. I am glad you have a good report for you cats and that they can be treated. We sure get attached to them, don't we.

charcoal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bugaboo1

Sounds like all is well then. I am so very glad your cats are on the mend. I know how relieved you must be. Having lost one myself to kidney failure, I know how devastating it would be to lose two cats at once. I am glad you have a good report for you cats and that they can be treated. We sure get attached to them, don't we.
Thank you! I am so attached to them since we cannot have children. I am sorry for your loss though.

Jinx has been meowing for them, he misses them so much. He has been glued to me the last few days.

kiaira

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I haven't seen too many cases of acute renal failure in young cats (it's usually a geriatric issue) unless the digestion of toxins has occurred. However, there are other reasons for its onset (bacterial infections, urinary obstructions, abnormal kidney growth etc. etc.) I had a four year old Siamese go into renal failure which we knew didn't ingest toxins...we never did find out why it occurred.

IV fluids are given in order to see if the toxins can be flushed out of the kidneys and the system to a point where blood results demonstrate normal (or somewhat normal) kidney function.

I'm very glad to hear the blood work is normal, they are feeling better and that they will be coming home soon.

charcoal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sage is doing okay. Not too happy with her new food for her new diet, but she will have to adapt. The others are concerned since their food doesn't lay out anymore but I figure by the end of the week, they will all be used to it. Thanks for all the well wishes and concern for them.