Driving School Online (haha!)

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really don't want to pay it right now
But Brandon, I don't think this is your choice! You broke the law, you were caught, and you have to pay the penalty. It's just not right to think that you have a choice here, you should absolutely not get behind the wheel of a car until you have this looked after.

cougar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm....
Why shouldn't I drive untill I have this looked after? Its not like my driving skill dies if I get a ticket. Besides the chances of me getting pulled over in the time it takes me to earn the money are very slim.

Thanks,
Brandon

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I finished my online driving class. I have decided that it was not good punisment. It's really a joke. Honestly, I didn't read most of it, and the final exam consisted of common sense questions. Now that I have finished it I think they should make it mandatory that people attend class in person. Sometimes I think this online stuff has gotten out of hand

The most interesting thing I learned is that if the strap of a seat belt rests across your stomache it could slice your stomache open
So make sure and wear it properly, otherwise it could be just as dangerous to wear one as it is to go without

yoviher

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sammie5

But Brandon, I don't think this is your choice! You broke the law, you were caught, and you have to pay the penalty. It's just not right to think that you have a choice here, you should absolutely not get behind the wheel of a car until you have this looked after.
Sammie: don't come to me on respect for the law: It's a concept too foreign for Puerto Ricans to comprehend.

Virtually every foreigner I've known has mentioned to me that here the law is soo slack compared to their home countries. Both federal and state law (Not even the Feds get respect here... in fact they have grown to be hated here because of their no frills/no fooling around/dead serious attitude they've imported from the states).

Anyway, I simply don't have any such respect. I shall confess I've always admired and at the same time had curiosity how the law is so much more respected and enforced in the states than here. In my neck of the woods the law is used for the same purpose as bathroom tissue paper (what do you normally clean with it?). For the reason I think that ticket needs to be payed is just to avoid any trouble, which can cause in the future when one tries to renovate DL or gets pulled over.