Drinkwell

swngdancir

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was in Petsmart last night and they had both the Drinkwell and the Petmate. If I'm remembering correctly the Drinkwell was $49 and the Petmate was $39. So now - in Dallas at least - you can get either drinking system at both Petco and Petsmart! I got the Petmate system for my babies last night. Smudge loved it, my Nermal (who isn't the sharpest crayon in the box) hasn't quite figured it out yet. He kept dipping his paw into the pool and then licking it. He splashed a lot too. It was cute.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had the Petmate, and my cats were fine with it. I switched to the Drinkwell because my one cat loves to drink from the faucet, so I thought I would treat him. Both like it. I did not buy the reservior, so it seems that I have to keep a close eye on the Drinkwell to make sure it is full. If the water level is down even a little, I can hear the motor running. I could go for days with the Petmate without refilling, even though it seems that they both had about the same capacity.

One note on the Petmate....I gave it to a friend. He can't use it because one of his cats takes the top off and pulls the filter out every day.

jenk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Deb25,

Are you saying that if you have the resevoire for the Drinkwell system, the water continues to run (so you don't hear the motor)? Or does it seem to run out of water regardless?

Thanks,

Jenk

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
JC discovered he could do that last week - it's fun to run off with the sopping wet filter and shove it under the couch. Tell your friend he can use masking tape (easy to get off) to hold the top down. Then his cat can have fun figuring out how to peel the tape off!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
jcat:

You don't know these 2 cats. They are terrors. I have no doubt they would figure out how to peel off masking tape.

Jenk:

As to the reservoir, I don't know because I don't have it. It just seems to me that if I don't keep the Drinkwell absolutely full, I hear the pump making a sucking noise, like it's too low on water. I just make sure I top it off every morning. The motor is really pretty quiet regardless. I guess I didn't explain it very well.

gurlpower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i was concerned that both my kitties were not drinking enough water.

i got them a Petmate fleshflow. It has a ramp. Both kitties are drinking more water now. Venus (pix below) likes to drink from the ramp.

i am just glad the product serves its purpose.
:

Cheers!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, Shirley! I'm glad Venus & Daisy like their Petmate. They just became available in Germany about six months ago, and a lot of people are absolutely thrilled with them. This may be a stupid question, but what breed are your cats? They look like Angoras to me. The first cat I fell in love with as a kid was a big silver Angora that belonged to a neighbor. She was nuts about kids, and would sit in front of the house in the morning and afternoon just waiting for the kids walking to and from school.

gurlpower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh, Jcat.. how sweet!! i can imagine you as a little kid, loving the sweet silver beauty... so very sweet, just the thought of it!!

Venus has got Turkish Angora in her, and Daisy is a domestic shorthair.

Here are some pix for you, taken just yesterday:

Venus is an extremely bold and confident kitten. She ran up to the tree (about 7 feet) and i played with her using her current favorite toy: a pheasant feather (a present from Mary Auth.) By the way, this pix is for Cindy as well

Here is a funny close up of Venus. i was below her level.

Here is a pix of the girls "together." Daisy was resting and relaxing at her favorite spot. Sometimes, she sleeps there at nights for several hours, afterwhich she will come closer to sleep with Mommy.
:

Cheers!