Dresses for me!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH Cindy, how I envy you for being able to sew. I can barely do a button. I like the second one the best! How pretty and classic!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We should start a broad shouldered women thread. I really haven't done much sewing lately. I can find a good pattern but never good fabric. I hear you on the facings-won't you think that would have been modified over the years?? Did you ever sew any Vogue patterns----those are soo confusing!!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're all lovely! I especially like the pink one though!

I used to make a lot of my own clothes (odd tastes, you see!) but sadly haven't had time recently!

I'd love to see your outfit when you've made it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

We should start a broad shouldered women thread. I really haven't done much sewing lately. I can find a good pattern but never good fabric. I hear you on the facings-won't you think that would have been modified over the years?? Did you ever sew any Vogue patterns----those are soo confusing!!
I like that idea Gail! I wouldn't mind it so bad if I had the bust to match, but alas, I'm lacking in that area! Usually if I can fit the bust, the shoulders are waaaay to tight, and if the shoulders fit, the bust area sags and bags. That's one reason when I buy the off the rack dresses I'm prone to buy the tank style dresses with loose flowing jackets, they work pretty well! I'm glad too, to know I'm not the only one who wonders about the facings.....I'm the worlds worst to modify mine anyway, just 'cause I hate all that excess fabric. I had one Vogue pattern many moons ago, and I'm talking probably 1985 or so, I adored it, but you're right they are confusing. And yes, I have been sewing my own clothes since I was a teenager! Drove my Home Ec teacher nuts, 'cause I already knew how to sew before I got to her class, she admitted that I could probably sew better than she could!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

They're all lovely! I especially like the pink one though!

I used to make a lot of my own clothes (odd tastes, you see!) but sadly haven't had time recently!

I'd love to see your outfit when you've made it!
Lol, that's one reason I like to sew my own too, Sarah! My tastes in clothes and fabric patterns tend NOT to run with the readymade industry! I will try when I get one or two made to look this thread up and post them, but may be a couple of weeks!

And before anyone asks, I do NOT sew for the public! There's waay to many variables and too much stress there, lol!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww you guys! I would kill for broad shoulders! I've got big boobs and hips and unfortunately not the shoulders to balance it out so I always feel like I look apple-shaped!!

There's nothing quite so beautiful and statuesque as a broad-shouldered lady!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
These dresses are beautiful, Cindy! You truly are a woman of many talents.
You're going to make these dresses look fabulous! Not only will your wonderful music stand out among the rest, so will your beauty and attire!